Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Have a Blitz/SwdTech cast on the user?

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
Say I want to have one of the Swdteches to cast a few curative status effects on the caster only. I've been testing and trying out spell targets on FF3usME but no matter what I put, it's always cast on the enemy.

Back then while messing with Blitzes, I found out that giving it the Quick effect, it actually casted the appropiate effects on the caster. However, failing to imput any Blitz would result in the spell to still be cast, even though the character will remark having inputted the wrong commands.

Anyone know how to do this?

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Sounds like the targeting is being handled elsewhere, or limited. This looks suspicious:

(Data - commands that need to retarget. 8 commands per byte.)

C2/4E46: 80 (Swdtech)
C2/4E47: 04 (Blitz)
C2/4E48: 0B (Rage, Leap, Dance)
C2/4E49: 00 (Nothing)

Not sure if by simply removing the swdtech one with an EA that it would help, but it's worth a shot. Or probably in this case just duplicate another one of the skill bytes like 04 blitz. There's probably going to be more to it though, this is just a guess and nothing's usually that easy. I'm not sure where the actual re-targeting takes place for the skills in this code either, it's probably obvious but I'm running out of brain power rapidly lol.

I was thinking at first that the targeting for the actual skill itself would need to be changed, which you can do in the battle editor section of usme, but then realized that would effect the entire skill set obviously.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
Putting "EA" on this DATA will do no good. There's on command per bit, it's not code.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Ah right. Go with the backup plan of duplicate skill byte then.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
What about setting "Special 1 - Randomize target" spell flag? that makes miracles with Desperation attack targeting.

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Pretty sure that table is described as being used for retargeting on thing such as QuadSlice (first target dies, go to he next living target). Think it also mentions the issue of not retargeting until after the second attack regardless if the target is dead or not.

Eitherway, mimic'n Blitz there may or may not work, might break a move such as Quad, but pretty sure it won't fix a self target heal spell.

First try changing C2/2791 from 24 to 04 (headered offset 022991 btw).

Then try your spell/skill edit without the Quick flag, if it works and nothing breaks, run with it.

If not: Try changing at CF/FE0F from FF 03 to FF 00 (headered offset should be 10000F I think).

Again, try your skill/spell straight editing normally, and don't forget to test the other skills as well before calling it good.

Good luck, and if it works, please don't ask me why it works, hell if I know.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
Unfortunately, it still doesn't seem to work. I'll note that in CF/FE0F I had FF 02 instead. Otherwise, I might not be implementing the targeting in FF3usME correctly. Auto Confirm and avoiding the start on enemy flag. I might be missing something too.

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Status
Zombie
Not 100% on what the values in CF equal, but that is the two bytes for SwdTech targeting,FF 04 is what most commands seem to use that have more open ended targeting (magic, lore, blitz too). That may or may not be needed to change, the value at C2/2791 most likely will need to be 04 or in the least, not 24.

Also be aware that Swdtech starts from spell #85, unless you've changed the calculator, if your going to a spell to high for that starting point it will bug out and do funny stuff. If you are changing the spells cast by Swdtech, all values have to be based on #85 as #0. That can be adjusted, to an extent, through slightly painful methods which I've experianced recently, better if you don't have to.

Otherwise, have you tried editing, say spell #85 (dispatch) in usME by removing the "physical damge" check in the"special 1" group, as well as adding "heal" in the "special 2" catagory. Remove "cursor starts on enemy" and probably "cursor moveable".

Other than that, might require working in one of those special cases into the attack to access the tables and runs extra code mid attack. I've got no clue how to do that, but it sounds cool.

Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
What about Special attack spell? is it possible to separate/change his targeting from normal attack one, by hex edit... like with those commands you mentioned?

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
Zombie
Haven't looked overly hard into how those cases work or are used to be honest, but for instance Possess normally uses the type of case I mentioned above to mark the ghost to be removed from the party after being used in battle.

If you knew how to make those cases run on demand you could have the player command, possibly monster commands... maybe, do whatever extra code you wanted to run. Think Capture uses the same thing to steal after the attack.

Add it to the default Fight command and you might be able to do a lucky 7777 strike like FF7. But as I said, I haven't done more than look at it so I'm mostly guessing in that peticular area as to what could be done.

Find