Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Targeting the same character three times

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
I want to have an enemy that attacks the same target three times in a turn. Having the attack command, then Targeting: That was last targeted by targeting followed by two more attack commands doesn't seem to work.
Anyone know how to work around this?

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
The targeting for: 'That was last targeted by Targeting' means it will target the target that had the spell 'Targeting' cast on it. Wow that was fun to say. So yes, that won't achieve what you want, unless the spell Targeting was cast on that character... That totally underused monster spell is pretty much designed to do just that it would seem. It works in conjunction with that targeting. One could slap that extra effect on any other spell and utilize that same special targeting, I'd imagine.

Depending on the circumstance, there could be a couple other ways to have the monster target the same party member X amount of times, but at the moment I can only think of having it target ally 1, 2 ,3, or 4 for a certain amount of attacks in a row. That, or you can get character specific with the targeting as well - without spoiling much, what are you trying to do exactly, target a random member 3 times in a row? Or is there something more elaborate you had in mind? I ask because it might help generate some answer or a workaround method...maybe.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.