Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Magic List and Related Stuff

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
Okay, I want to make Rasp and Osmose as Attack (black magic), simply changing the grey dot into a black dot is not enough. Now, does anyone know how the magic list of spells work? I have a few questions related to it.

1 - Casting magic animation - the red energy circle on offensive spells. How to give/change this. Healing/Effect "heart" to "red energy circle".
2 - The magic list "shuffling" (Healing/Attack/Effect), there are six shuffling options under the configuration menu. Would need to include Rasp and Osmose into Attack group. Anyone know how this "shuffling" works?
3 - Is there any way to list these spells or group them together without manually changing them all by "hand"? I want to make Rasp into an Attack spell. Obviously, it'll be in the same place in the vanilla version, mixed within the Effect spells. I would like to bring it at the end of the Attack magic spell group, right after Merton/Meltdown. The only way that I know would be to swap Scan/Libra with Rasp and Slow with Osmose. Is there an easier way, such as moving the spell ids of Rasp and Osmose into the list of Attack spells.
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Vampire
I don't have the answers to these, but I also would like the answer to question #1 as I want to make a fake black magic spell "duplicate"
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
I come across several referances to "Magic Data" being loaded from C4/6AC3 in the C3 bank in the places for sorting how the spells are listed in the menu. I know I've also seen the code for sorting them in battle lately, probably C1/ but I can't seem to find its location exactly right now.

That's the best I can offer atm, if I come across any other information I'll flag it. That being said, your other plan of shuffling several spells around (rewriting several instead of a few) might be a better idea in the long run. Unless you can find, read, and decipher the actual magic data, and it happen to contain a field for type of magic... your probably looking at having to add a special exception during the sorting process to insert those spells where you want them. Which would be a tad sloppy I'd think.

IF I could find the sorting code again, logically I'd think they'd use the spell number indexes and have them classified on sorting order based on a few number ranges, then it would just be a matter of adjusting those ranges. However that would be reasonable so I doubt thats how it is done. Regardless, I think thats the info your looking for: the code for sorting.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Status
Vampire
I assume that everything past magitek casts with the blue magic animation. but can i change the blue magic animation to make the character chant then cast instead of standing in an attack ready position?
  Find

Status
Zombie
I think what your talking about would be handled by the command, rather than the spell itself. That pointer table IS in C1/ don't have the exact address handy atm though.

Find

Status
Vampire
ahh so u mean 'lore' could be set to enact the chant and its the magic command itself that mskes characters chant, not the spell itself?
  Find

Status
Zombie
Table for battle animations: C1/B775

Lore's pointer is: C1/B78D
Vanila value: E5 B8

Could change to match Summon's animation by changing that to, EB AB and Lore's casting should chant/cast every spell.

So, the answer is yes.

Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(11-30-2015, 10:13 PM)Fenrir Wrote: Is there an easier way, such as moving the spell ids of Rasp and Osmose into the list of Attack spells.

There is no "spell IDs" data to begin with, meaning fire does not have a byte that contains "0x00" as ID. The sorting is done in the simplest way, in order of the spells according to spell data and the last spell ID is hardcoded to delimiter the categories (black, grey, white). The menu sorting is done in the following code:

Code:
C2/55B2: AD 54 1D     LDA $1D54    (info from Config screen)
                                   (Bit 7 = Controller: 0 = Single, 1 = Multiple
                                    Bit 6 = ???
                                    Bits 3-5 = Window Color adjustment cursor:
                                      000b = Font, 001b = 1st Window component,
                                      010b = 2nd Window component, 011b = 3rd ' ' ,
                                      100b = 4th ' ' , 101b = 5th ' ' ,
                                      110b = 6th ' ' , 111b = 6th ' '
                                    Bits 0-2 = Magic Order:
                                      000b = Healing, Attack, Effect (HAE) ,
                                      001b = HEA , 010b = AEH, 011b = AHE ,
                                      100b = EHA , 101b = EAH )
C2/55B5: 29 07        AND #$07     (isolate Magic Order)
C2/55B7: AA           TAX
C2/55B8: A0 35        LDY #$35
C2/55BA: B9 34 30     LDA $3034,Y    (get spell #)
C2/55BD: C9 18        CMP #$18       (compare to 24.  if it's 0-23, it's Attack
                                      magic [Black].)
C2/55BF: B0 06        BCS $55C7      (branch if it's 24 or higher)
C2/55C1: 7F 4B 57 C2  ADC $C2574B,X  (add spell # to amount to adjust Attack
                                      spells positioning based on current
                                      Magic Order)
C2/55C5: 80 12        BRA $55D9
C2/55C7: C9 2D        CMP #$2D       (compare to 45.  if it's 24-44, it's Effect
                                      magic [Gray].)
C2/55C9: B0 06        BCS $55D1      (branch if it's 45 or higher)
C2/55CB: 7F 51 57 C2  ADC $C25751,X  (add spell # to amount to adjust Effect
                                      Magic Order)
C2/55CF: 80 08        BRA $55D9
C2/55D1: C9 36        CMP #$36       (compare to 54.  if it's 45-53, it's Healing
                                      magic [White].)
C2/55D3: B0 0B        BCS $55E0      (branch if it's 54 or higher, which apparently
                                      means it's not a Magic spell at all.)
C2/55D5: 7F 57 57 C2  ADC $C25757,X  (add spell # to amount to adjust Healing
                                      Magic Order)

Not sure if you change/expand categories/write a conditional to include a certain spell in another category that the spell icon will follow. It worth a try though.
  Find