Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
secret of evermore boy complete

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 15
Thanks Given: 11
Status
Mental-Break
[Image: soe-boy.png]

The Boy from Podunk with a custom palette.  I honestly can't remember what his name was... oh well... I had some free time so I felt like posting.  Feel free to add any suggestions to any poses, hair changes, or complete makeover haha.
  Find

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
Real nice! I like how I can tell what he's wearing despite the tiny sprite.
My only complaint would be the hair when looked from the side. Unless that's how the source material portrays it, it looks like a cap or beret, more than it does hair. Might be just me, though, 'cause it reminds me of Lucas' hat from Pokémon DPPt.

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Status
Mental-Break
(11-25-2015, 06:18 AM)Kugawattan Wrote: Real nice! I like how I can tell what he's wearing despite the tiny sprite.
My only complaint would be the hair when looked from the side. Unless that's how the source material portrays it, it looks like a cap or beret, more than it does hair. Might be just me, though, 'cause it reminds me of Lucas' hat from Pokémon DPPt.

Ahh i see what you mean.. kinda does look like a hat now that u mention it.. hmm looks like he has diff hairstyles while he walks so ill post em.. i think I tried number 2.. maybe I should go for 1? heck i guess ill throw in a nose too Laugh

[Image: G8rpyXJ.png]
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Good choice of sprite! Love'd the game. I agree with the hair feedback, hopefully one of those other looks will work out better.
His name was nothing by default, one of those choose your own names for him, like Secret of Mana as well, although they at least had semi-official names.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
I guess he has some sort of toupee thing going on there...maybe try to have the pixels go a little rough, like, I dunno how to put this, with some hair pointing upwards? If I wasn't so late I'd try to put something real quick to show ye X)

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Mini
First off, might I say: YES.

Secret of Evermore gets so much flac for being the bastard cousin of Secret of Mana, but I'm (not-so)secretly in love with it. The alchemy system was inspired, the dog companion was ahead of it's time, and the sprite work is really well done. (Bouncy hair FOR THE WIN!)

...which segues to my 2 cents.

You should use the hair in the first example. That 1980's flipped-up hero bang is def. the way to go. Can I also make a small suggestion? Maybe throw in some of that blue shade to lower his neckline a bit and add about one pixel more of sleeve on each side. That way, it's a bit more obvious he's rocking the Marty Mcfly Orange life-saver vest.

Also, Also:

You're awesome, and all of your sprites rock. That is all.

"Find the crystals? Save the world? ...Who even was that guy?!"  Shrug  

http://rjenyawd.deviantart.com/

Find

Status
Mental-Break
[Image: IUpDjTV.png]

maybe this eh? appreciate all the opinions.. happy thanksgiving!

@mike thanks.. i saw madsuirs lil picture of it n made me wanna try spriting it.

@kuga always nice to see what others don't like so I can fix for the better..

@rjen I'll add the pixel later if it isn't too distracting on the sprite. Tryin to make it blend can be a pain.
  Find

Status
Mini
Awesome! Love the nose. ^_~

Find

Status
Mental-Break
Alright updated again.. i can add blue pixels to his front facing if I lift his head up one... only problem is that he wont be able to blink it 2 other poses... decisions decisions Tongue
  Find

Status
Mini
Quote:...i can add blue pixels to his front facing if I lift his head up one... only problem is that he wont be able to blink it 2 other poses...

OH NOES! a V collar would be nice, but it totally isn't worth messing up the animation for. How he moves is more important.

The sheet looks great! I love the !damaged pose!

Find