Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF3ME sprite glitching

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I tried doing a sprite swap with terra and celes. Now terra (with celes sprites) is glitching and showing random sprites from her set. Any issues you can think of?
  Find

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
The reason being is that you haven't edited those sprites yet. There are still important sprites that Terra has in events that Celes does not since Terra is a big part of driving the story. The one in the ending where she removes her ribbon, the ones where she becomes an Esper and morphing, do you want Celes to become an Esper? You'd have to change that sprite into something. Conversely, Celes has her chained-up sprite and hers where she is playing as Maria in the opera. These will show up as Celes, not Terra or inversely, Terra, not Celes regardless of what sprite you have replaced them with, they need to be edited with FF3usME which has all those missing sprites you can edit, including the wounded and riding sprites which older editors didn't allow you to edit.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Hmm I'm not sure if that's what he's talking about, sounds like he has a really glitchy sprite sheet at all times now, like walking around, in battle. Sounds to me like he imported the sprite sheet format incorrectly. If this is in fact what's happening then we can go from there. Pics are nice also. Smile

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
^This one. The sprites worked fine and then i did a recolor for some sprites and now the sheet goes all over the board. different squares appearing whereever and I cant figure out why. I have them in order in the sheet on ff3me.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Well it sounds like it wasn't imported correctly somehow, I assume you're doing it with FF3usME? So you exported Celes and imported her for Terra's sheet, and visa-versa and then this problem was present? The sprite editing is not a strong suit of mine, possibly James White or someone might know what happened to cause that glitchyness, switching/importing their sheets shouldn't have any issues as far as I can tell.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.