Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
SNES - Playstation prototype found after 25 years

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
A Reddit user (via NintendoLife) posted images of the console system, a prototype developed in collaboration between Sony and Nintendo that would be able to play both CD-ROM and SNES carts. However, when Sony announced the system at CES 1991, Nintendo announced at the same event that it was working with Phillips.

The console comes with a SNES controller and a cartridge. We can see the Sony logo on the SNES controller and prototype. Yet we don't know if the device can boot and what is on the cartridge. Many people called to a fake after a mistranslation of a french tweet to English.

Here's a video and a hi-resolution picture of the said prototype.

So what are your thoughts? Fake or real?
[Image: pssnes.jpg]

Source:ING
AssemblerGames.com thread
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
want it to be real.. not sure.. f**k nintendo tho sooner they give up the ghost the better.. they don't understand the internet or the games industry anymore, need to be making games for consoles that do

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Threads: 11
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
I don't know... I'd prefer any Nintendo system over the XBox One. I can't play FPS for five minutes without getting bored.

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
Imprisoned
i am the same way just speaking from a hardware perspective tho

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
200% agree with Lockirby2
While there's no doubt SMW is the best to me, i must say they did a good job with New Super Mario Bros on WII(i dunno about later titles, i played it just because it was on my cousin's house) despite HD, new ideas for new generations and all that shit...

Fake or not? no clue at all, just i don't care really much about that, unless you can do with PSX CD the same you can do with Cartridges on RetroN5

Speaking of which... if with RetroN6 (or whatever name it might have) would put as playable consoles Sega Saturn, Dream Cast, PSX, PS2, GameCube, and(maaaaaybe) Xbox too? for tecmo games and Guilty Gear Overture, of course...

Well in that case i'd be set for life Laugh

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(07-03-2015, 04:50 PM)Tenkarider Wrote: Fake or not? no clue at all, just i don't care really much about that, unless you can do with PSX CD the same you can do with Cartridges on RetroN5.

I think from an historical point of view it would be awesome if it was real and if it was working, meaning we could know what is inside and how it works. Also BIOS dump and cartridge dump would be great.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
(07-03-2015, 04:43 PM)Jameswhite89 Wrote: i am the same way just speaking from a hardware perspective tho

Fair enough, but I care more about the games than the hardware. I couldn't care less about better graphics, hard drive space, internet connection (for the most part), etc. I feel like Nintendo would have less ability to innovate if they weren't making their own consoles.

I don't feel like I could make an educated guess on whether the console depicted above is real or not.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Consoles are for gaming...
If you want to get Xbox there are quite good chances that what you actually want is just a computer(not really much differences among the two, except that computer itself fits better that role Tongue )

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
Here's a more detailed article on how it ended up in the guy's hands: http://www.polygon.com/2015/7/3/8889237/...ay-Station
  Find

Status
Imprisoned
i have no issue with nintendo console i just think they should appeal to a wider market. i really like the look of alot of its games but i probably will get one of the other two because they have more games
plus their policy on online showcases of there games makes little sense and imo hurts publicity

interesting read