Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Re-Asking Questions not quite answered!

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
Yeah. Three years ago I asked some question that were answered, but I couldn't figure out why the answer didn't work for me, and soon afterwards lost interest in Hacking...

Until today, when I've regained full interest on the thing, and I need to get this right!

So Question 1: How to make Hi-Potions recover 1000hp.

My last thread I was recommended a patch, this one right here, that would change the 'superball' effect for another that multiplies the 'damage' an item does (selected by FF3usME; for example, Tonic 'deals' 50 HP) by 40. This doesn't work for me though. If I give Hi-Potion '25' damage (25x40=1000) and the superball effect, this happens.

Basically, it plays the Superball animation and cures the enemies for an obscene amount of health, even if you select one of your characters.
No idea why, but it does. All I have done is apply that patch. So if there's something off, it's because that. I don't know whether I should start from scratch, or work with that thing.

Question 2: Have actor $05 having Gogo's 'selectable skills', but making 'Attack' and 'Item' unable to be removed.

Now this question /was/ answered. My actor $05 can indeed select his skills, but there are minor bugs. One of them is that you can select more than one 'Fight' command. And, if you do, you can no longer remove or replace that command, for whatever reason. I guess it's because it's the command that replaces 'Mimic' on Actor $05's menu.

Another bug is that I can replace the 'Item' command, because Gogo had only 'Mimic' fixed. This other I can't possibly figure out by myself.

Any help is appreciated.

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
I think the super ball special effect cause the item to be reflected on caster:

Code:
C2/403E: B9 18 30     LDA $3018,Y
C2/4041: 85 A6        STA $A6     (mark attacker as "reflected off of", which will later
                                   trigger function C2/3483 and cause him/her to be
                                   treated as the missile launcher or ball thrower.)

Still, I'm not really sure which value should $A6 have to prevent this... You may try to NOP those 5 bytes but I can't guarantee it will work :/
  Find

Status
Charmed
Yeah, it did not work. Unless by 'NOP bytes' doesn't mean turn them to 'EA', doing that freezes the action of the battle, as in the ATB bars keep moving but nobody ever gets to execute commands even after they're selected.

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Threads: 21
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 3
Status
Auto-life
Many questions in this forum are technical and they can't be answered without specialized knowledge. Even if everyone want to help, they may be unable to answer the question because it is out of their area of expertise. You shouldn't take it as personal.

About your question here, i have nothing more to add to the discussion. It is why i didn't give you a reply. Instead, I will repeat what i already said, in hope it may be helpful.

In the past i tested the patch and it worked for my rom (english, version 1.0, with header). However, it doesn't work in your rom. It is probable that your rom is the incorrect rom for the patch.

There are two versions for this rom in english: 1.0 e 1.1. The version 1.1 has the bug fix for the sketch bug. Unfortunately, this fix shifts a considerable amount of data and code. For the player, they look identical but their code addresses are different in specific segments. Patches aimed for the version 1.0 may or may not work for the version 1.1, based if the original code or data was shifted a few bytes because of the bug fix. You may also have a rom without a header when a header is necessary.

You emulator or specific tools can tell you technical information about your rom. The assembly files are from the version 1.0. You can also check them and verify if the original bytes weren't shifted or altered somehow by editors or another patches.
  Find

Status
Charmed
That's the thing, the ROM I have IS 1.0, with Header, and English. Look for yourself.

[Image: 1_by_kugawattan-d8z78x1.png]

If I had a weird rom rest assured I would try to figure out what happened, but as you can see, my rom seems fine, that's why I'm so confused.

And yeah, I learned my lesson about questions that sometimes don't get answers. Sorry, ugh.

Threads: 21
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 3
Status
Auto-life
It isn't the original vanilla rom. Based on your image of FF3usMe description, looks like the rom was expanded and patches were already applied. Did you tried the patch in a rom without expansion and without another patches? When you expand the rom and apply patches, the rom is changed. If i remember correctly, FF3usMe gives a warning that the procedure may turn the rom incompatible with another patches...
  Find

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
All it does is move data and make a few small changes in the original ROM data. If he's added other battle-related patches though, he's likely running into conflicts.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(06-28-2015, 11:22 PM)HatZen08 Wrote: Many questions in this forum are technical and they can't be answered without specialized knowledge. Even if everyone want to help, they may be unable to answer the question because it is out of their area of expertise. You shouldn't take it as personal.

I agree with that. I'll speak for myself; while I can code in ASM, my knowledge of the different disassemblies is limited. Even if I know where to look for your answer, sometime finding a solution may require for myself trials and errors and testing with the debugger and in this case an unknown patch is involved, and I don't know what it does exactly, hence the need to more testing and disassemble the code of the patch. All that is time consuming, and sometimes I rather remain silent than giving an approximate solution that doesn't work (like I did previously in this thread). I has nothing to do with you.

Edit: I got my own questions unanswered elsewhere and in these case I tried harder to find a solution myself, sometimes I succeeded but sometimes not.
  Find

Status
Charmed
Alright, I'm sorry I'm sorry! I already got it! I promise I'll never be a whiny brat again! Forgive me! D:

Back on topic, if, say, my rom seems to be slightly corrupted, I could start again from scratch (I don't mind, I got the romhack a little messed up either way) and apply the patch before messing about.
But, was there a modified rom/patch that fixed the most obvious bugs that there were on the original game? I do recall hearing about it, 'FF6i v1.07 base' I think?
Would it be wise to start with that ROM instead of a completely blank one?

Status
Tissue-aware
(06-29-2015, 01:37 PM)Kugawattan Wrote: But, was there a modified rom/patch that fixed the most obvious bugs that there were on the original game? I do recall hearing about it, 'FF6i v1.07 base' I think?

FF6 Improvement does that. I'm not really sure which version is the best to use though and if Darkmage fixed all conflicts.

Download: https://sites.google.com/site/shadedmagu...mprovement

Thread: http://slickproductions.org/forum/index....pic=1115.0

Edit: Personally I rather apply the bugfixes I want one by one and document them, because I like to know exactly which patch change which portion of code but that's just a preference. Also, the improvement patch is not compatible with my hack :/
  Find