Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Attempting something...

Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Never much agreed with "Throw", so I'm trying to alter somethings. Been looking all day through various disassembles and ff6usme and can't find what i'm looking for.
1.) I want to change the elemental damage of Water edge to wind.
2.)I want to make the command not consume the objects. So that when used you don't need to replenish supply.
3.)I want to change the animations for thrown items, scrolls and stars both.
4.)Completely unrelated, how could I go about giving characters certain Items when they rejoin the party.

I have put a good solid 6 hours into researching this, and i definitely don't have the experience yet to poke around aimlessly in the code hoping to find this. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
I thought most of that could be done using USFF3me

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Status
None
I looked everywhere I could on there, I can edit a lot about the scrolls, but not their element or animation, and the stars I can edit on there, but if there was a good hex bank for me to reference I would rather attempt in there first as I seem to have more stable mods through editing the hex.
As far as items when people rejoin, I would guess it's more event related, but I don't remember there being a code for it on the event hacking FAQ so I just thought this would be a good place to get the answer as well. Plus the characters rejoining scripts are still a little confusing to me.
Thanks for the reply.
  Find

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 4
Status
None
1 and 3) you'll need to change the spells the scrolls are associated with, and the weapons associated with the stars (under items)
2) this will require assembly, in order to tell the game to not decrement an item from the list
4) you'll have to dive into event editing to add or remove any items like that
  Find

Status
None
Hmm... I didn't think about the scrolls being associated with a spell (though it makes perfect sense). I will try to look for spell data instead of item data today. Also I'll try the weapons too, see if I can get the animation to change. Anyone by chance have an animation for a single arrow I can plug into ME?

Alright assembly is something I am still struggling to grasp, so I guess this could be a decent time to learn, anyone know where this code is located so I can poke around it?

I have a somewhat decent grasp on event hacking now (thanks to this forum) so I will try to find an event where people bring items with them and see if the code breaks down easy enough. Thanks for the reply.

So I did found the spot on ff6usme to edit the spells associated with the scrolls, and was able to edit the display message, and i'm assuming changed the element from water to wind, but every adjustment I make to the animation doesn't stick. Is the animation hard coded for those? If not any idea what I'm messing up?

Haven't looked into the other stuff yet. So I'll update again tomorrow. Thank again.
  Find