Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Event bits in ASM and World Map Load events

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
I might still think at 2 things: (considering that i never seen that code)
- How 'bout world map events? they're few, so they should handle important stuff... maybe someone of them handles chocobo actions?

- What happens exactly, when you fail? it explodes the game and crush?
You might even try to check if picking the code here and there, you created some code that uses wrong bit accumulators, like loading 16 bit accumulator and then using it with just 1 byte values, or 8 bit accumulators and then using 2 byte values: that happened while dealing with reverse HP and MP, and when i realized that... i managed to make work everything.

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
As far as world events, the ones for Kefka's tower and the Pheonix Cave are the ones I've tried to mimic since the are the same and go directly to an event. That attempt ended quickly in a black screen and some twitching.

What do I mean by fail?
Total fail: black screen, few grapic flickers and eventually kills the emulator if you give it a few seconds.
Fail: black sreen with pretty colors any time you attempt to load the game, or the map, or breath hard.
Mild fail: Only crashes to black screen when you attempt to do one thing(mount bird, land airship, etc)
Testing fail: Dismount bird or land airship just to remount immediatly.

Yes, I've seen them all many many times.

As far as 8bit or 16 bit, I've checked and rechecked in every way I can come up with to make sure every thing I'm doing is in the 8bit range. I could be missing something, but it all reacts as though all the commands are being read properly. At least when I make a change to break it on purpose in a key place, it breaks at that place. If I'm having a problem in this department its something to do with those weird opcode flags that set themselves.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Probably this one won't help, still... how 'bout checking the scene in which Terra, Locke and Edgar escape from Kefka, riding a Chocobo? maybe some extra information can be found there?

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
The escape from figaro castle is all handled in event script, with a normal jump to chocobo mode at the end of it. Which says I need to go back to my original plan of trying to call an event from the point the airship lands (this being in Bank EE). There are a couple direct calls for events in bank EE but I had no luck what so ever trying to mimic them.

As far as doing it all without using events, so far I've got two ways that are hopeful, but still broke.

Method one: I intercept the jump from creating the World Map going to Character Mode (as in no vehicle mode already applied).
Problem: Everything functions fine, except no sprite is displayed while you running around in chocobo mode. Dismount the bird and it shows everything fine, just not while riding.

Method Two: branch off the "rts" at the end of the dismount script. Branch to chocobo mode if bits check, go to "rts" if bits clear.
Problem: Chocobo mode, dismount, battles, airship flying landing, etc work 100%. Until you launch tue airship and try to enter it(as in open menu). Then I get a complete lockup and a black screen.

If I try either method in a loop (no bit cleared to end it) the sprite will show after the first dismount regardless which method I'm attempting. Which points to something being done after the dismount "rts" that lets the chocobo initialization script run properly. However if I use method two, then land the airship a few times ( run the full dismount script without interuption) it stills crashed when you enter the menu while flying.Anywhere else I try to branch out of crashes as soon as it attempts it, anywhere else I try to branch back into the normal script either does nothing or crashes as soon as it attempts to jump.

Still dont know at what point the code in EE actually starts chocobo mode based off of the mode setting in events. So even setting that bit give me no result because I done know where to set it that it will not be cleared before its used.

Got one more idea then... I'm not sure.
*edit* Eh course that idea didn't work, it almost made sense. Took the code from the finalizing dismount script (clearing and resetting switches) and got absolutely no change in function. Everything I find that might need to be done, IS already done in the chocobo initialization script that I'm going to and yet it refuses to coopperate. Not sure where to go from here.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find