Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Glitched sprite with box 8.3 checked

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Riddle me this: I've got an old woman in South Figaro trying to grow a set of legs out of her head. Yes it is that odd. Radiation poisoning from the "Light of Judgement"?

The sprite in question is the old woman in the southwest of South Figaro, when she walks it looks like she's getting her head replaced with a child on bottom and the body/legs on top(yes it really looks like a set of legs growing out of her head).

I haven't edited graphics, the old woman walking around in Kolegan is normal, all the other old women sprites I can find are normal, she stops glitching while your talking to her, and she and the rest look fine in all the editing programs. The only thing I find different in this one is she has the box "8.3" checked in FF6LE, unchecking it doesn't fix her and its checked even in backups that she isn't a mutant in.

What is special about this one NPC that needs that 8.3 box checked and how did I manage to break that one NPC without the rest? And of course, suggestions on fixing would be nice too(other than extermination that is).

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
I don't have any experience in this field, but in the worst of the cases you might uncheck the flag that makes the NPC face towards you, when you speak to him/her

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
Zombie
That's actualy the only time it doesnt glitch when not moving. Haven't tried just setting action to zero but I figure that would at least make it not glitch.

Still wondering why she has an extra box checked though.

Find

Threads: 25
Thanks Given: 15
Status
X-Zone
Catone Wrote:Riddle me this: I've got an old woman in South Figaro trying to grow a set of legs out of her head. Yes it is that odd. Radiation poisoning from the "Light of Judgement"?
Oh man Catone, You got a way with words! Objection!Laugh

Shine 
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Did you perhaps mess with the NPC order in WoR South Figaro? Many are controlled via the entrance event and if you say erase or change the order of an NPC on the map, it will instead put the action or command sequence on the wrong NPC.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
Zombie
Har har, I think we have a winner.

Yep that would have to be it. Also answers how to fix it.

Thanks,

Hell, now that I think about it... that might be why those two "worthless" npc were there to start with. Easier to add two in than edit code to make up for late changes.

Its a theory anyway.

Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Yeah haha, I remember one map where I was going to remove a 'worthless' NPC to free up a spot, but the amount of work it was to change all the other NPC ahead in the list to then be right was too much so I said @#$% it. So that worthless NPC had worth after all of keeping the other ones in check.

Another one that comes to mind is map 017, the Narsh Cliff, you'll see 7 unused NPCs there that was going to be for when you lost the battle for the esper there against Kefka, but never got put in the game. So I took all those out and had one hell of a time getting the Mog/Lone Wolf event to work right, as their event triggers and entrance event and another needed NPC or two on that map needed updating, and for some reason it was one hell of a task to get working again. But worth it, just look at all those NPC spots...

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
Zombie
lol, I was looking at those 7 pretty hard just the other day.

As for South Figaro, NPC #8 is the one you don't want to move. It is the mechant that's watching the water wheel and (go figure) bobbing his head. After swapping him into the #8 slot, I don't have a mutant old lady and the two npc in the tree line are removed.

Probably don't want to move NPC #4 either.
Just for future referance.

Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Well... why don't you just use Madsiur's program to expand the npc limit, and add new ones, instead of risking to do a mess with the existing ones?

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
Zombie
I am using it, however, those two npc I used the space from their script, and their dialog, for other things. Since there wasn't anything left, I deleted them too.

If it wouldn'thave been so easy to just swap two npc to fix the problem, I'd have probably put them in as birds or something. Wasn't needed though.

Find