Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Explosive graphics?!?

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(02-27-2015, 10:38 PM)Tenkarider Wrote: Then i removed pixels in order to leave empty the right 8 bit long column border and it crashed...

It's not normal that it crash but my point is that is you leave 8 pixels on left empty, you're wasting at least one tile. Maybe FF6SE cannot handle empty tile on the left and top of the sprite.

Edit: Also James, the max size of a sprite is 128x128, so your crashing is because you exceeded that limit.
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
no mad it was well within that, that'd be a rookie mistake
72x96 to be exact, can't mention what it is but it does say in thread

also i would try indexing your images in a program like GIMP or photoshop. maybe thats it

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
In regards to wasting a tile by leaving it blank and small sprites, would it be possible to do whatever funky stuff the game normally does with sprites like letters, flowers, etc?

I admit I have no clue what it does but I know in the LE for the 4ton weight, the majority of the sprite shows up as 97 (I think) but split in half and the halves facing opposite. Two bits later the completed image is on sprite 95 and displays proper.

Moral of the story? Yes thats npc sprites I reference, but is it possible to use that one "wasted" mentioned tile for something else? Or would that require quantum mechanical hacking?

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Dunno... btw it's empty right column(8 bit lenght) who crush the game:
When i tried the same with left column, it worked.

Said that, i never tried any test with bottom line border.

Huh? what do mean, James? should i send you messy images?

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
I was actually gonna mention that too, James.

I was always fond of Paint for alot of editing stuff and it never caused me any issues, but I always loaded the sprite through Gimp before using it. You're obviously doing something right as is or you'd not be that far into it, but Gimp is good for post Paint formating.

I think I read the tutorial for doing that over on the FF Tactics hacking site though.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
Basically all images use 15 colors and ones transparent yeah, indexing your images in GIMP or another program insures that they only use 16 and no others,u can also arrange your pallet order in GIMP 2, i recommend GIMP as its free and offers just as many option as its payed for counterparts, it has indexing option, a pixel grid and just as easy to draw things in as paint, it also has things like transparent backgrounds and layers. Also exporting in GIMP can choose a higher quality import for images.I use paint also Tenakrider but most of the time they go threw GIMP in someway 2 as Catone says.I'm unsure this will solve your issue it sounds a lil weird to me the way u'v explained it it might be a different issue. You could PM me and ill try to help. I always try Smile

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
While that is good and everything, that's not my case: i paid a lot of attention and they were the exact number of colors. (in particular all those sprites are 8 bit palettes, so it's even easier identify them)

Besides if you exceed the number of colors, in FF6SE you'll see immediately some color becoming transparent or some unexpected color, but not a crash.
Until now, when i skrewed the number of colors, they always were more than expected, not the opposite. When that happens i remove one color and repeat, until all colors fit in the 16 slots, or until the n. slots becomes 8.

On a side note looks like you're talking as if i still have to solve the problem:
If that's the case... well, you missed a post, i've solved the problem adding a single pixel in order to avoid 8 bit long borders. Tongue

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find