Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Esper Terra vs Humbaba Battle

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
Terra is suppose to be in permanent esper form during this battle, but she appears in her normal form instead. Checking the status menu within battle (I named the status), she's definitely under the status. She has the status, but doesn't have the sprite. This is the first I've ever encountered this "bug/error". Outside this battle, Trance work as intended. Anyone got any ideas why this is happening? Would there be anything such as 0 AP (Trance bar was depleted or at 0 before losing Terra in the World of Balance) that could explain this?

Or is this "special battle" or condition handle somewhere? I've check the scripted battles within hex, and compare mine to a vanilla rom and there was nothing different. Last time I check, this battle worked as intended, permanent esper Terra was working and present.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
I'm presuming that this is part of a hack that you are making? What sorts of patches have been applied?

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
Eureka, fix it! For those interested, I check the formation data on Humbaba in my rom. The only difference between mine and vanilla was the "Can't run with L+R/smoke works" was toggle on. I remember putting it on all bosses. After removing it on Humbaba's battle and tested the battle, permanent esper Terra appeared as normal. How strange, this bit prevent/interfere with Terra's esper sprite from appearing in that battle. I also tested it in other boss battles that have this toggle on, and Terra can Trance like normal and her sprite changes too while this is in effect in those battles.
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
I would almost guess it has something to do with removing "Terra" from battle and replacing her with the esper to make it seem like perm-trance for that battle. Just a guess, regardless, I'd still lean toward having something to do with the events being hampered by no-run setting.

Still, interesting information. Thanks for sharing.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
(02-23-2015, 01:06 PM)Fenrir Wrote: Eureka, fix it! For those interested, I check the formation data on Humbaba in my rom. The only difference between mine and vanilla was the "Can't run with L+R/smoke works" was toggle on.

We noticed this too while working on BNW. In the Ultros fight at the Opera House, it was preventing character sprites from getting changed to an imp, although the status still took effect.

Even if esper Terra shows up properly in other fights with that bit checked, there's something buggy about it and I'd definitely suggest not using it.

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Yeah, still i see no point in using that in boss battles, i mean... there's can't run flag of monsters for that.

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 149
Thanks Given: 160
Status
Nattak\'d
It is used for automated script battles like Kefka vs. Esper in Thamasa for instance, where if it wasn't checked you could use L and R to have Kefka start doing the running animation.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.