Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
HELP PLEASE: looking for these hacks?

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
im not sure if this is the right place to post this, but Im Spending *ALOT* of time looking and searching til i got here. And im not sure the best way to navigate:

QUEStioN: im wondering if theres a hack/patches for the SNES ROM that will show the character portraits in dialogue boxes like the GBA and mobile versions, and more importantly the GBA/mobile translation. its extras would also be nice. Another more important thing is a Celes scene not bein censored.

I would just use the GBA version, but the quality of it sucks. i read the patches/hacks still have bugs, and one of the important aural scenes were changed in a way i dont like. So i want SNES or better quality, and if these are fixd on a GBA version then perfect.

If theres none of the above i guess i could just settle on the Uncensored Woolsey patch or the FF6 Improvement also looks interestin. But somethin along these lines. 

CLARIFICATION: Basically im lookin for the best way to play this game again, but more specifically introduce it to my dad who played FFIV and FF7 when they dropped, and loved both. I can not fuckin stand the new mobile version, the root and bane of my problem (die squeenix), but its release and an hour wit it motivated me to want to play again. (FWIW ive liked the Secret of Mana iOS remake so far)

Ive thought about it long and well, and i dont think i want to give him the new iOS version. The art direction in it is awful and i believe it will affect the experience.

he'll be playin this on an emulator on a jailbroken iPad 4.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
There's no patch that shows the portrait in the dialogue boxes. As for the GBA version, the color restoration and sound restoration patches have no bug, but the sound restoration one use an orchestrated version of the song for the opera scene. Most people are not bothered by that. I would recommend playing the GBA version with those two patches applied, the version also has an extra dugeon and a soul shrine where you beat waves of enemies.
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Well the review by romhacking.net (link is for review) is what mentioned that it is. The few paragraphs after "But the music.." includes the sound patch in the review. Also in a thread on the abysmal new android/iOS remake on neogaf, i read user "Magnus" mentioned something similar, and gave some reasons why he didnt like the orchestrated part.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.p...153&page=5

its post #206

Maybe its of a old version and the current one fixed the stuff mentioned on romhacking, but It doesnt sound like i'd like that.
  Find