Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
How can I change the reward for defeating the 8 dragons ?

Threads: 16
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I wanted to change it into a Ilumina or something instead of the Crusader Esper . Also how can I disable the whole turning the Odin esper to Raiden . I need to delete Raiden and Crusader image to make space in the rom for more monsters .
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 8
Status
Well-Fed
This is event editing. The second would be fairly easy -- just find and remove the event with the LE. (The underlying code would still be there, but since it's never accessed, you won't run into any issues it pulling the wrong images.) The former, you'd need to look through the event code and find where it's rewarded, change the event from 'give esper' to 'give item', and then track down the relevant dialogue in the script and change that.

Current Project: FF6: Tensei | Discord ID: TristanGrayse
  Find

Status
None
ff6le ? Which map would I want to go to being that what ever last dragon that is killed give it to you or do I need another program ? Or a hex editor ?
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Only the Odin -> Raiden part is changed in the LE. The Crusader Esper needs to be changed with event editing.

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
None
What program do I need for the event editing ? Also I tried deleting the stone statue out of that area in the castle but even though I save it in the rom it is still there when I play ? Now I wouldn't mind leaving it if there was a way to just leave it as Odin if you talk to her .
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Is it still there (the statue) when you re-open the LE? You need to be sure and save twice, once in the main editor and also in the one the opens very first.

You'll need to use a hex editor to get at the event code, windhex works nice, as does HxD. There's a bunch of threads and tutorials here that will help you learn how to go about it, search for 'event', o check the tutorial section. This is the ever important document you are going to need though that enables you to search for events & offsets:
http://www.angelfire.com/al2/imzogelmo/patches.html
(it's at the bottom of the page, labeled as EventDisasm.zip)

Yeah you can just leave him (Odin statue) there if you want, and go in and change the event easily.

I keep forgetting about Zone Doctor...
https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...p?tid=2282

It's a better version of the LE basically that allows for event editing! If that's your cup of tea, I much prefer working in the hex. Seems his page is down though =/

Also, last time I used it there were many crashes it seemed not to be stable yet.
Anyways, I thought I'd inform you of it's existence non the less.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Yeah, I couldn't get Zone Doctor to work right when I tried it, and it's not like I've moved hex or even edited much at all.
  Find

Status
None
Thanks to everyone helping me I will try this tomorrow .
  Find

Status
None
I can't seem to find the hex address to change the 8 dragon reward to a Ilummina sword does anyone here know it . I have a headered rom .
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
By simply searching the event dump for the word "dragon", you would have found this:

Code:
CC/2044: 86    Give esper $45 (Crusader) to party
  Find