Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Completing Children of Vector

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
I have decided to attempt to complete Children of Vector for Edrin and I am wondering who would like to join me in this endeavor.
For those of you who didn't know, Edrin has retired, and he will not complete CoV.
If you don't know what CoV is go here: https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...p?tid=2386

If you ever feel useless, just remember that Umaro has an MP stat.
  Find

Threads: 25
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 15
Status
X-Zone
Well I sure you already know it, But count me in! Objection!Kungfu! Hold onSmile

Shine 
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Is this a joke? Or wishful thinking rather...? "Finishing" CoV would require a huge amount of ROM hacking experience and time to come anywhere close to Edrin's original goal of a complete new experience and a quality hack. For instance, have you seen the Trance skill he was working on? That shit is beyond complicated. Also the writing for the story and dialog, which was on a professional level imo.

Do you have any event hacking or assembly skills to even start on it from where he left off? The hack is like 2% complete as it is... What could you bring to the table to work on it/complete it?

No offense but I doubt it would come anywhere close to the hack that Edrin envisioned and I doubt you or even a team could pull it off...but feel free to prove me wrong I guess. Not sure how he would feel about it either, his hack being taken over by you. I s'pose that's a moot point though.

So why not just make your own hack lol?

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
I know I'm inexperienced but SOMEONE has to do it am I right?

Find

Status
Nattak\'d
I say let it die lol... I know it sucks beyond belief, I was looking much forward to it as much as the next guy. And I must blame Edrin for hyping us all up with CoV just to have it blow away like dust in the wind. I just can't envision it ever getting finished, even with a team of us trying. It's such a mammoth endeavor to say the least. Let's face it, the guy was a machine!

If you are hellbent on it though, I'd say learn assembly and event hacking and then you could at least attempt to continue on with his work. Or if skilled people do somehow come together here and agree to try, then maybe...maybe. I dunno, maybe others here feel different than I do and will sign up with you. My main issue would be that there's just not enough of the hack completed to really continue on and work off of it, which is how for instance CT Crimson Echoes was able to be picked up by another team and finished more or less. Because it was 97% completed.

There is some loose planning Edrin had documented for like the next chain of events, but I think he might have not included that in the stuff he left to the public per request of his brother.

Status
None
I'm not gonna let Edrin's efforts be in vain, there's no harm in trying right? So, are you gonna join this group project or are you gonna keep doing that "Never try, never fail" attitude?

Also, would you say that it's a "CzarDragon" of an endeavor? *gets shot*

Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Well, if it somehow does become a serious group project than I would most likely be happy to help out in any way that I can, but for now I am going to have to pass. I got my hands tied up still anyway with my own project =X

Like I said I would want to see CoV completed just as much as the next...but it seems impractical I guess is the word with only the little bit of the hack that is complete. To put it another, slightly more philosophical way, it would be like trying to finish painting the Mona Lisa with only a few brush strokes done to it already and no real idea of what the original painter was striving for.

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
"Also, would you say that it's a "CzarDragon" of an endeavor? "

Was that a reference to my hack? Laugh

I know how Gi Nattak feels, but if a group manages to do that for real... well, it would be great for sure!

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
It's one of those things that I'd love to help with, but I don't honestly think that I will ever be able to find the time to do it.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 3
Status
None
Even with my limited time to invest in this, I will most assuredly lend a hand however I can.
I want to see this hack get done and the concept deserves to get picked up.
  Find