Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Making Gogo "normal"

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Thank you very much

If you ever feel useless, just remember that Umaro has an MP stat.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
NP. May I ask what character you are changing Gogo to? Just curious.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
Oh, thank you for asking, I'm going to turn him into a custom character I'm making, his name is Claus.

Find

Status
None
Now, how do I disable a character's inability to equip Espers? (guests included)

Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
The post in here explains it I believe: https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...ht=normali

Raising the CMP #$0C for Gogo to 0E or 0F (or higher) should allow for the guests characters Like Leo to equip them I'd imagine. EA EA might allow for that also. Keep in mind though that if a guest character does not take an esper off before they leave, it will result in losing the esper/magicite forever.

Also by default the guest character(s) won't be able to learn the spells from the espers, or even cast spells like normal characters - more complicated work will be needed if you were planning on that. Same with Gogo and Umaro.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 8
Status
Well-Fed
(07-25-2014, 03:32 AM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Also by default the guest character(s) won't be able to learn the spells from the espers, or even cast spells like normal characters - more complicated work will be needed if you were planning on that. Same with Gogo and Umaro.

There's only enough confirmed free SRAM (at least according to the latest RAM map that I've seen) for one additional spell learner. (There are a couple of segments of SRAM that aren't described, but the person who wrote up the map was pretty good about describing, "This looks to be unused," elsewhere, so I'm operating on the assumption that he'd have done the same for those bits if it were consistent across save files.

So yeah, if you want additional characters to learn spells from espers, you'll have to look at some other solutions -- rearrange some SRAM to give one more character their own spell list, leave someone with Gogo's special spell list function, or -- as I've seen someone else do -- code it so that two characters share a spell list. (i.e. Terra and Gogo, for example, use the same spell list, each having access to spells that the other has learned.)

Current Project: FF6: Tensei | Discord ID: TristanGrayse
  Find

Status
None
I already have a Patch that does just that: make it so characters share a spell list, I think Edrin made it. Kungfu!

PS: The only reason I want the guests to equip Espers is because I want them to get the level-up bonuses.

PSS: I'm using the Guest Adder

Find