Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
About desperation moves...

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 5
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
I'm operating under the assumption that you're breaking the HP cap via the reactive half of the script; assuming you've somehow done it through the proactive half, this entire conversation is somewhat moot.

"You don't have to be a vampire to die like one... b*t*h." -Simon Belmont

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
In few words, Czar has 1.300.000 HP, but they are actually 65000, with var 001 that starts to 20 and lowers until it arrives at 0.
Each resurrection is definitively handled from the bottom half of the script, the one related to the counters.

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
None
That's what I was assuming. And what is the conditional that revives the Czar Dragon and increments the variable? I'm assuming you use "if target self" is dead, correct?

Status
Atma
If monster #1 is dead...
If dead/hidden, brought in with hp restored, suddenly

It's revived no matter what, then checks the variable, but before the variable check, checks if var 002 has a particular value:
If it's the correct one, then subtracts 1 to the HP loop var 001 and does the stuff that leads to the next form;
If it's the wrong value(if you kill him before it goes under 40% of his current hp bar's HP), then var 001 will keep his value, making worthless your efforts to empty the current bar, and squash you with Quadraslice, as soon as you'll attack him again...

What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
None
It sounds like you've worked this into the proactive half of his script, which is why you don't have any problems.

Status
Atma
Some var change involves the first half, but trust me: all what really counts for revive him, happens ONLY in the second half.

Find

Status
None
Well, like I said, I can tell you for a fact that seizure damage and poison damage will completely disregard the second half of the script, and I have very reliable reports that counter-attacks (i.e. Black Belt) won't, either. I've seen desperation attacks do it, but that was just a one-time thing.

You keep saying that you're testing out using counters on him, only to be countered yourself... and I'm kind of having a hard time believing that for the reason I stated above. Everything I know about how this game's code works says that counter attacks cannot be countered, and as such an enemy that is set to be revived when killed is in danger of having that script bypassed by an attack that disregards it. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that your Czar Dragon is immune to poison and seizure, so that much at least isn't a problem. But if you set up a test (easy way is to just lower his HP to 1 in the editor) to have someone deal lethal damage to him via a Black Belt-induced counter-attack, you should find that he'll die like a regular enemy rather than being revived.

This, again, is unless there's something else in the reactive half of your script that can account for this, which I suspect is the case.

Status
Atma
I don't know why you have to be so sceptic about my tests...

I already created and saw so much times(even recently) my code that it doesn't have any sense to ask me to check it better once more, why don't you check it on yourself, if you are so much sure that involves the first half?
Just go in my Czar challenge thread, in the first page there's the whole code...

Besides, the first 2 lines of my HP loop are indipendent from any other part of the code:

FC 12 01 00 ; If following monster is/are dead: #1
F5 00 00 01 ; Monsters #1 , if hidden/dead, brought in with their HP restored, suddently

There's no check above the first line, and what's below doesn't count at all: you have just revived the dragon, what can happen next? a sudden death, because one check below is failed? i haven't planned anything like that below...

The first thing that happens is the revival, have you ever tried to do something like that?
One other thing that you could try to put is the line that makes act the monster, even when quick is active...
Lockirby2 made me notice that it works even outside the quick effect, for example makes counter the dragon even while it's stopped.

PS. actually i've done those tests with the work-in-progress final version of the Czar, despite that, the resurrection code left unchanged.

You said:
"I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that your Czar Dragon is immune to poison and seizure, so that much at least isn't a problem. But if you set up a test (easy way is to just lower his HP to 1 in the editor) to have someone deal lethal damage to him via a Black Belt-induced counter-attack, you should find that he'll die like a regular enemy rather than being revived. "

No, really: What kind of tests do you think i made on him?
It takes less than 1 second to remove immunity to seizure, poison and to remove absorb/immunity to poison element, just for 1 test.
About the test battle, i damaged him until i left him to about 4000 hp and then poisoned/seizured him, after that i waited, until poison/seizure consumed its last HP remained, when it happened the dragon waited for some second, used discharge and then flashed and quasared me: the Czar is revived, and passed as always to the next form in other words.

About counter, i started the battle with only Terra alive with black belt and haven't done anything, except curing myself.
Each time Czar hitted me, Terra countered it with Atma: He never countered her counter, but after 1 minute or two, when Terra killed him using ONLY counterattacks, the dragon waited, discharged, flashed and finally quasared me: the Czar still revives as always and goes to the next form, just to be sure i've done the same with the second form... same result. The dragon moved to the third form.

Do you have need of a video in which i show you how my tests are done and the positive results listed above?

Anyway i really don't get how may ever help the first half of the script to save a monster from death: it dies and possibly reacts with the second half... if he dies in that moment, that's it. The monster is dead, he'll never have anymore the chance to trigger the first half, right?

That's all what my tests made me discover about counter:
(these notes are copy pasted from the file in which i'm writing the progress about Czar)

V- suicide test required(merton) -> no problems
V- freeze test -> effective, counterattacks anyway
V- seizure/poison test -> no problems
V- test stop counter(with quick) -> still counters
V- retort test -> still counters
V- counter test -> black belt is uncounterable, but death script
works properly...
?- Intercetor test -> still to test
?- Self target attack death -> still to test
(desperation test isn't there, because i have other tests to do with them, but it's countered)

I'm not saying that your knowledge about counters is worthless, but i'm going to put in discussion some points about that: After all i cannot ignore what my eyes has seen while testing.

My theory is that monster's death has actually a different priority from the one related to monster's counter: while Black belt bypass the counter, monster's death cannot be ignored.
But maybe that moment lasts only for the next action right after the death's check, if the monster is not revived immediately, then it dies and the rest of the code ignored, but if you revive him, then the game accept it and make continue the code of the check.

Believe it or not, that's basically what happens with my Czar, there's no hidden/untold code in the second half related to the hp loop.

Find