Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Reverse actors HP MP progression

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
(06-16-2014, 09:22 AM)Tenkarider Wrote: - HP overflow: if i don't set them exactly at 9999, when they level up they are still at 9999 HP(if i set their start HP to 15 it shouldn't be a problem), but the real matter is that if someone starts with a level higher than 1, then each level after level 1 increase hp/mp instead of decreasing them, probably because they don't level up(they simply start at an higher level than 1). i think the HP overflow check doesn't work, cause we swapped it with an underflow check(branch if HP > 10, else...). I wonder what if i equip a 50% hp boost... maybe 14999 HP? Laugh
So i need to cap hp max to 9999 and find the way to apply the decrease even for levels gained outside the battle(joining to the party);
PS. In battle they cap at 9999, but they still break the limit, since Terra is again at 9999 after 1-2 levels;

The first you changed was for level up after battle, now you have to change the character start-up code.

change:
Code:
C0/A2A4:    651E        ADC $1E        (add it with current HP)

to
Code:
C0/A2A4:    E51E        SBC $1E        (subract it with current HP)

(06-16-2014, 09:22 AM)Tenkarider Wrote: - HP underflow? i changed: branch if HP > 10 into HP > 0, and the else handler instead to set HP to 10, it sets them at 0... the game doesn't like it Laugh so it sets HP to 9999... any solution? Sad

I'm not sure I understand what you mean here. You mean when you break the limit it resets to 9999 instead of hitting a bottom cap of 10? It is probably getting dropped below 0 before the check so it cycles back around to very large numbers. There are a couple solutions I can think of, but the best idea is probably just to edit the hp loss per level to never actually reduce them to 0 so you never have to run that check.
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
For the first one i'm pretty sure that i tried to do the same... but for some reason it works bad... here what happens:

Starting at lv 5: (base hp value... let's say 200)
- lv 1 ---> 200 hp (start value);
- lv 2 ---> 200 - 11 = 189 hp (it's ok);
- lv 3 ---> 189 + 12 = 201 hp (wrong: it becomes ADC Surprised);
- lv 4 ---> 201 - 14 = 187 hp (ok, but not the previous one Sweat);
- lv 5 ---> 187 + 17 = 204 hp (uhm... back and forth? Laugh)

How it works: 200 - 11 + 12 - 14 + 17 - ... +...-...+...-...

Many tests done by myself confim this behavior... i haven't changed anything else... do you know why this happens, and how to make work it properly?

The second one:
Let's say you have 15 HP... you lv up, and lose 17 HP... so they become -2 HP. The check should set your HP to 0... final result? HP becomes 9999.
So you tell me that they become 9999 before the check?
Since for my hack it's essential that the party members may actually "die" forever i'll choose the hard solution Wink
I'd like to hear about your possible solutions Smile

PS. My idea could be to put a check triggered when HP goes above 9998, that would set HP to 0, but it's a quite brutal solution Surprised

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
Atma
EDIT: About the first problem still to solve... if a new character joins the party, the strange behavior(HP rise/decrease) will be as listed before only at odd levels, otherwise it will be unpredictable!!! Surprised
There will be a further boost to starting HP which i cannot explain at all Sad

Please, everyone(good at hacking, of course Laugh) is invited to help me in finding the solution, not only Edrin, just because he answered me the last questions.
He has to think at his stuff too!! Laugh

I tried to figure out in any manner possible how it works that piece of the code, but I'm totally blocked... Hmm

What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Moving the discussion here so as to not hijack Nattak's thread any further...

(08-22-2014, 08:00 AM)Tenkarider Wrote: Interesting... so, if i replace the average level function, when i get a new character, with that code, could it be the chance that i solve the problem mentioned in the latest post of this thread? (linked below)
https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...605&page=5

I'm not sure if it would correct the problem with alternately adding and subtracting HP at level up, but it might be worth a shot.

If it doesn't, you might try running your game through a debugger to check on the executed addresses. Geiger's SNES9x debugger is pretty user-friendly in my experience.

http://geigercount.net/crypt/

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Synchysi for this post:
  • Tenkarider (08-22-2014)

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Prowess
I'm not too well versed in hacking, or what you've done, but the fact that the HP is going up and down reminds me of having sign errors in math. If you had a negative number with an exponent, if the exponent changed by 1, the result would go from positive to negative or the other way around. I must express that I'm REALLY just thinking off the top of my head, but if you've done any math like that, maybe you could check your work once more.

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find

Status
Atma
Thanks, Synchysi Wink i'll give it a shot as soon as i'll finish the final version of my Czar hack.

Hey, Cecil... your logic may be correct! still i cannot be sure, since i haven't done any particular changes on the hex... except reverse 1 add with one sub, so i don't even know how it works that formula of the game... Tongue

Anyway i'll take in consideration this clue.

Find

Status
Atma
Ok, now that i'm done with Czar, i'm going to try to start project #2... if you read the previous posts of this thread, then you might already understood some of the features of the new project.
Now, if i wanna officially declare it's starting, then i must solve the problem that made start this thread which is still to solve(just some piece of code works).

If no one in the site really don't know of to solve the last matter, then could you help me to figure out some other stuff i'm working on?

- I need to figure out how works the logic of the code that involves event command 77(Perform level averaging for character in slot A.), which is the true matter of everything: leveling up in battle works perfectly, the event acts stupid ;[
In particular i need to understand when exactly HP are added to the current max hp, when the other minor boosts or more simply(if it works in that way) when the total boost is added(the disassemly tells almost nothing about it).
There are 2 ADC blocks in particular that i believed they were involved in the HP boost, but looks like i was wrong... what do they do?

Code:
C0/C57A:    651E        ADC $1E
C0/C57C:    851E        STA $1E
C0/C57E:    A51F        LDA $1F
C0/C580:    6900        ADC #$00

Code:
C0/C5B3:    651E        ADC $1E
C0/C5B5:    851E        STA $1E
C0/C5B7:    A51F        LDA $1F
C0/C5B9:    6900        ADC #$00

- The other thing i need to figure out is where are the HP boosts designed for each level? i mean... at lv2 + 12 hp, lv3 + 14hp, lv4 + 17hp, ......
And finally how to edit each value: i'd like to make each HP boost equal, something like all level boost 60 hp, or something similar.

I'm trying my best to figure it out on my own, but until now i failed Sad
I'm pretty sure it's just a stupid piece of code to find out, but it's hidden REALLY well.

EDIT: actually looks like it's involved event 40 (Assign properties B to character A) in the hp/mp boosts... any clue?

Find