Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Layer 3 Circle, and Exits???

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 25
Status
None
So I am working on a little side dungeon where I will include my side bosses and the Ultimate Armor they dish out. I am having a FEW issues and may have more as I go. If you have any idea how to solve the issues posted, PLZ don't hesitate to assist xD.

- Using Hidon Caves as one of the rooms, but can't get the "Circle" that encompasses you so you only see a little bit to disappear

- Exits keep auto -100 Hex. I select Hidon Caves 195 as next room, when I save, it changes to Phantom Forest 095.

I appreciate any and all assistance guys. Thanx as always!!!!!

[Image: 5452812CeqVF.png]
[Image: RoyakenGif_zpsacedef24.gif]
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Besides making sure that the 6.1 flag is checked in "unknown bits" in the layer section for the map in the level editor, you need to set that circle thingy in the map's Entrance Event.

Hidon's Cave map 194 take a look at the entrance event. It shows it using the address of 174B2 which is CB/74B2. So looking at that in the event dump here you'll see the first thing is:

CB/74B2: 63 Create spotlight effect with radius 20

So if you have this set in your maps entrance event, and have the 6.1 flag checked, it should do it. But sometimes you'll need to also put the command in for any events that re-load the map for like an exit or whatever, before the screen fades in from dark.

As for the exit glitch, that is a known glitch indeed for the level editor, you can't place any exits after 100... The LE's creator guy knows about this, and has fixed it up in his newer Level editor/event editor that is Zone Doctor. But I don't quite trust ZD yet, at least with my hack, so another option that I use is the 1st and often overlooked level editor made by Sleepydude. That one is less user friendly and slightly confusing to navigate, but it does not have the exit bug.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
(05-23-2014, 04:18 AM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Besides making sure that the 6.1 flag is checked in "unknown bits" in the layer section for the map in the level editor, you need to set that circle thingy in the map's Entrance Event.

Hidon's Cave map 194 take a look at the entrance event. It shows it using the address of 174B2 which is CB/74B2. So looking at that in the event dump here you'll see the first thing is:

CB/74B2: 63 Create spotlight effect with radius 20

So if you have this set in your maps entrance event, and have the 6.1 flag checked, it should do it. But sometimes you'll need to also put the command in for any events that re-load the map for like an exit or whatever, before the screen fades in from dark.

I might just be tired and reading it wrong xD. But is this how to take it off? or how to set it bcuz I want it off. And I'm reading it as setting it xD.

Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Oh yeah this is how to set it. To take it off, well do the opposite lol. Remove the spotlight effect from the entrance event by either shortening it and not including the command, or just simply put FD FD over it to knock it out.

Status
None
(05-23-2014, 12:55 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Oh yeah this is how to set it. To take it off, well do the opposite lol. Remove the spotlight effect from the entrance event by either shortening it and not including the command, or just simply put FD FD over it to knock it out.

Alright turning off the 6.1 took off the black surroundings, but now Layer 3 is just encompassed in a circle that follows me around. I changed the 63 14 to FD FD (14 is the radius of 20) and nothing happened.

EDIT: I got it. Also need to change the 63 14 at CB/74FD as well xD.

Find

Status
Nattak\'d
There ya go Wink I think you just gained a level in the event hacking field.