Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sprite Sheet and question

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
I made this sprite sheet of the Angry Video Game Nerd, because why not? I needed something to replace Mog :>

[Image: avgn_sprite_sheet_by_kugawattan-d7fx30c.png]

Yeah, I know this sucks just as much as any LJN game, but I can't find my effort anywhere. Also, it uses the fifth palette but of course it's extremely modified so it won't fit at all. Sorry ._.

I will update the tent later.

Anyway! Here's the question. I want to include him as a character, but I'm having trouble on which ability is more suitable for him. I thought of "Slots", being renamed to that stuff he's mostly remembered, but then after testing it it reminded me of why I dislike slots that much, I can't make them work at all... so, any suggestions?

Currently I have aviable for him: Sketch, Rage, Mimic and Dance. Of course I'm open to custom abilities, but I'm very bad at the more complicated stuff to hack.

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
The sprite sheet portion of this thread should really be posted in Spriters Exchange where it can be discussed, but I understand you are showing him as part of your question. It's really not much of a hacking discussion question either now that I think about it. No worries though.

"I thought of "Slots", being renamed to that stuff he's mostly remembered, but then after testing it it reminded me of why I dislike slots that much, I can't make them work at all... so, any suggestions?"

I'm not sure what you mean here, it doesn't make since to me at all.
And I'm also not sure what skills you should use for the Nerd lol, custom skills would be nice but I don't know what.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
I didn't put it there because I'm asking for advice of an ability, not advice on how to improve the sprites or anything. But where could I put this anyway Tongue
Ah! Well, by the slots stuff I mean it's just the plain and simple Slots that Setzer has by default, the only difference are the names, which are changed to fit the Nerd's theme. Like, H-Bomb is now F-Bomb ("Time to start droppin' some F-Bombs!" from the CDi reviews) and stuff like that. Man, that's some pro hacking right there.

I was thinking maybe an ability that has a 20% chance of being either of the attacks that can be used by Slots (Lagomorph, H-Bomb, Chocobop, etc), but I have no idea of how to make that.

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Haha I like the change to F-Bomb, that is a good one. I'm a big fan of the Nerd as well, but nothings coming to mind in terms of skills or references to him that could be done =(

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
What about Lore? Change it to Mind, or Memory.
  Find

Threads: 25
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 15
Status
X-Zone
Kugawattan Wrote:Like, H-Bomb is now F-Bomb ("Time to start droppin' some F-Bombs!" from the CDi reviews) and stuff like that.

F-Bomb, Genius. Laugh

Kugawattan Wrote:I was thinking maybe an ability that has a 20% chance of being either of the attacks that can be used by Slots (Lagomorph, H-Bomb, Chocobop, etc), but I have no idea of how to make that.

You may find this helpful... https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...ght=health Finger

Shine 
  Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Coin toss?

-I must buy that game!! I must have it!

-What the f**k are you doing, stop wasting our money!

It doesn't exactly define how the angry vg nerd is, but I think it's funny xD

[Image: SvEf6Yh.png]
  Find