Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Target Data in C1

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 8
Status
Well-Fed
I'm working with LightPhoenix's Selectable Blitz/SwdTech patch to try to include a couple of new commands in my hack; the basic setup for the abilities is fine, but I'm having some difficulty figuring out how to pull targetting for individual abilities in the command-set. I can hardcode in the targetting byte easily enough, but that forces every ability in the command to have the same targetting, which I don't want -- I have one command that's four ST and four MT abilities, for example, and another that's six ST, a MT enemy, and a MT party. LP suggested in his thread at Slick that Lore or Magic may have some usable code that could be yoinked, but frack me if I can wrap my head around what's going on with them enough to even get started.

Does anyone have any experience working with this, or any suggestions on where to start? Or am I stuck with working this out on my own? Wink

Current Project: FF6: Tensei | Discord ID: TristanGrayse
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
I personally tried to look into messing with that patch myself but if I remember correctly it interferes with quite a few patches out there but I never came across anything in particular nor did I really pursue it too much either sorry

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
Well-Fed
Interfering with other patches isn't actually that much of an issue for me; most of the patches I'm pulling in from elsewhere have .asm available, so I'm moving things around and reordering as needed so that everything will fit. Laugh (And it helps that I'm freeing up a /lot/ of space due to some abilities and such that are not being used.)

Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
This is unrelated, but are you aware of routines that could be easily moved from C1 to another bank? I really need free space in bank C1...
  Find

Status
Well-Fed
Nothing yet -- I've been focused more on sorting out C2 so far because it's better documented, and because I still only have the barest understanding of how the window system works. (I still have no idea for sure where the new abilities are going to /go/, only that I'm fairly certain I'll be freeing up enough space by getting rid of, say, Slot and Rage.)

At the very least, I think I've found code that'll work re: targeting by grabbing it from the original MenuBlitz patch (by... Ronnen, IIRC) that LightPhoenix derived their patch from in the first place! So we'll see how that works out when I get around to testing.

Find