Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Adding Espers?

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 25
Status
None
Is there a way to add new espers? In my hack Kefka will not be present but I would like him to be somewhat of an easter egg as an Esper and to be the most powerful (obviously not accessable unless you beat a specific boss or something). But I don't know if I really want to replace any espers. How would I go about this? READY TO LEARN!!!!

[Image: 5452812CeqVF.png]
[Image: RoyakenGif_zpsacedef24.gif]
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
Espers are spells 53 to 80. There is only 255 (0xFF) possible spells, and they are all taken. You would need to sacrifice a spell and also, you would have to expand the data related to the spells that espers teach and squeeze and extra esper sprite.

I'm not 100% sure if I'm missing something because I've never attempted that.

Edit: I also foresee code to edit in bank C2. It's likely that last esper ID is hardcoded in one or many places.
  Find

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
Only way you'd be able to "add" an Esper is to replace one that already exists in memory, in my hack, my main character's father is a dragon and and as an Esper he essentially replaces Maduin, Terra's father[/align]. So I find a nifty dragon monster sprite and replace it with Maduin's.
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 25
Status
None
I see. So more work would be required to add. Then I'll think of something to replace it with. Gonna try really hard to make it epic so it's worthy of Kefka xD

[Image: 5452812CeqVF.png]
[Image: RoyakenGif_zpsacedef24.gif]
  Find