Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Modifying the Morph Command

Threads: 25
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 15
Status
X-Zone
I would like to have the Morph command in my hack but is there anyway to to change it from instead of doubling magic power to it doubling Battle power (Or even having it double both)?

Shine 
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 25
Status
None
I'm no expert nor can I even begin to claim to be one xD. However, I can say that strongly believe the answer to that is yes it is possible to change it to battle or both. I THINK you have to do it via hex editting. But wait for someone more knowledgable to hop on here with more info xD

[Image: 5452812CeqVF.png]
[Image: RoyakenGif_zpsacedef24.gif]
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Morph as it stands simply doubles the damage you deal; it doesn't touch battle power or magic power.

It's not difficult to change this behavior, though you'd need to use some free space. Keep in mind that modifying battle power is tricky, since it's stored in an 8-bit RAM location and therefore can't exceed 255.

You'll need to interrupt the damage calculations to perform the modifications you want. The magic damage calculation starts at C2/2B69 and the physical damage calculation starts at C2/2BA6.

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find

Threads: 25
Thanks Given: 15
Status
X-Zone
Wow, I never really noticed.
Then again when ever I would use the Morph command I'm not going to attack I'm going to use Magic

Shine 
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
On this Morphing Topic, then...

How hard is it to make the Morph last for the Duration of the Battle, and, rather than Doubling Battle Power per the OP, making Terra receive, say, Double Damage from Magic Attacks, or even giving her the Undead Property?

Is it even Possible to give a Character the Undead Properties (i.e. Cure Damage, Posion=Regen, etc.) without Inflicting "Zombie"?
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(04-03-2014, 09:30 PM)Nyquill MacQuaid Wrote: How hard is it to make the Morph last for the Duration of the Battle, and, rather than Doubling Battle Power per the OP, making Terra receive, say, Double Damage from Magic Attacks, or even giving her the Undead Property?

For make morph last the whole battle, you just have to stop the counter of the gauge. I did something similar in a small hack a while back (see this). You could also with some modification to the code double the damage received from magical attacks. I don't think it's that hard, although it requires you to be able to do basic coding.
  Find

Thanks Received: 40
Status
None
(04-03-2014, 09:30 PM)Nyquill MacQuaid Wrote: On this Morphing Topic, then...

How hard is it to make the Morph last for the Duration of the Battle, and, rather than Doubling Battle Power per the OP, making Terra receive, say, Double Damage from Magic Attacks, or even giving her the Undead Property?

It's not difficult. In Brave New World, we changed Morph from a timed ability to a toggled stance-type ability that makes her take extra damage as long as it's on. As Madsiur said, making it persist is a simple matter of removing the references to the timers.

As for damage, remember that Morph reduced incoming magic damage in vanilla, so there's already a contingency for Morph modifying damage taken. Look at C2/0D15.

Quote:Is it even Possible to give a Character the Undead Properties (i.e. Cure Damage, Posion=Regen, etc.) without Inflicting "Zombie"?

I believe the Relic Ring does this, so yes, it would seem to be possible.

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find

Thanks Received: 5
Status
None
For the record, regen and seizure work normally on characters with the "undead" flag set; that it doesn't is ostensibly a bug given that the programmers apparently intended it to work that way. All the "undead" flag does is reverse anything with the "heal" or "redirect" flag set.

"You don't have to be a vampire to die like one... b*t*h." -Simon Belmont

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
Okay, well I decided to Play Around with Morph, just for kicks. And I have hit a Snag.

I killed the Timers associated with it, so it's Infinite, and I modified the Damage Multipliers. All that went Swimmingly. But that was all tested through use of a Spell modified to have the Morph flag set to it.

When I tried to Enable her Battle Command for Morph, it stays Greyed-out. And if I Morph, via the spell, the Command changes to Revert, but remains Greyed-out.

I tried having it Branch to the Post-Opera, Zozo scene where the Event Bits are Unloaded, Loaded, and the Subroutine is called. ...And then I just Copied and Pasted all those into a Huge Empty Space I made after I deleted the "She's Up There" event after leaving Arvis' house.

Both yield the Greyed-out Result.

But I can do an Identical Thing with Copy-Pasting Cyan's Bushido Mastery Event code at the "She's Up There" Blank Spot, and give Terra all 8 Techniques, no problem.

So what am I missing? (Except for Brevity! Sorry for the Enormous Post.)
  Find

Threads: 1
Status
None
Maybe you are missing this?

Code:
C2/055D: B0 F0        BCS $054F      (if Morph supply isn't at least 16,   don't allow Morph command)

[Image: SvEf6Yh.png]
  Find