Just some stuff (Idea)

Threads: 23
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 15
Status
None
Most of these are just general ideas for extra events I've thought of:

INTERACTION BETWEEN CHARACTERS:
I would love to see characters have specific events just for them. Some of these would be Strago, Relm, and Shadow working together, just them in some cave- eventually Strago asks Shadow to take off his mask, which he does, and unlocks the Clyde costume (different post I've made).

I think it would be great if Setzer and Edgar tried to teach Cyan some mech. knowledge.

Another one involving Setzer could be him and Locke in the remains of Daryl's ship (so much comic relief).

These are just a few thoughts, as I've always believed some characters should have interactions with others... Thoughts?
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
The first one sounds like it could be done very well or done poorly depending on how skilled the person is at making the scene. I think it would either end up being epic, or having that "obvious fanfic" feel to it. I also feel that doing this scene is almost begging for Shadow to have a third ending where he doesn't commit suicide, which could occur if this scene has been played and the costume change happened.

The second one sounds funny and like it would fit into the flow of the original game without undue difficulty. Where to put it would be a question, but I'm sure there's a good spot for it.

I'm not sure I "get" what the third scene would be like exactly. I may just be having a brain-fart, but I can't think of when/why this would occur or what would actually happen. Could you (or somebody else) elaborate on this a little?

As much as I think the ideas are cool, I also think that the best chances that you have of seeing them exist is by making them yourself. Most people on here have their own cool ideas that they're implementing, so they would find it tricky to also make lots of events for other people. On the other hand, this is definitely a realistic project for you to take on. Well, at least if you're happy with only changing Clyde's costume to his NPC costume temporarily for the sake of the cutscene, and having him switch back at the end; as you said yourself, you'd probably want more experience before trying to implement that costume room idea. Oh, and there's the trouble of which "cave" you're going to use. But I'm sure there's a solution out there somewhere.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
I see what you want to do

I personally have a few ideas like that in mind but I want to take a step further (meaning make characters that usually don't interact interact, like Cyan ans Setzer for example or Shadow and Gau, these are just small examples) lol

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
For the third scene, I meant Setzer and Locke (or anyone that doesn't interact with him much, I just chose Locke because they both have dead girlfriends), finding the remains of the old airship Dayrl had, and exploring it.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Hmmm...but shouldn't Setzer already know where the Falcon was? He already knows that it's in Daryl's Tomb. I also don't really think that would be the best setup for comic relief exactly, it seems like it would lend itself better to a heartfelt scene.

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
None
Oh duh! I feel like such a goof. All I meant with the comic relief was during the adventure. I'd like both Setzers and Stragos to have that connection of warmth and happiness between them.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
ah I get what you are saying

I personally want to go a totally different direction when it comes to connecting the chars in my hack

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 4
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
1. The scene between Shadow, Relm, and Strago should probably be something like... They finish the cave, and Relm runs on ahead, and then Strago asks Shadow to take off the mask. Shadow looks down, or makes a pose like he's going to, but then the screen fades to black. Shadow and Strago leave the cave, Relm asks what took so long, and they make an excuse. I picture it like this, because I think Shadow returning to Clyde would kind of ruin it, especially with Relm.

2. This scene, while I have no particulars in mind, could probably be done by taking Setzer, Edgar, and Cyan to the old man who operates Figaro Castle after picking Cyan up. I think it'd be the best time to initiate the scene.

3. I like the idea of Setzer and Locke becoming good buddies through their common, yet tragic, past. Perhaps taking Locke and Setzer to the pub where you saw Setzer again? I mean, Setzer was there, that's where Rachael was... makes sense to me. They become drinking buddies!
  Find

Status
None
For the first, I would only make the transformation to Clyde if I could implement the costume change. Other than that I'd have him just flash as Clyde for a second.

Cyan would just be for comedy, but maybe have him build Edgar some tool...

Third I'm still refining the details.
  Find

Threads: 4
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Perhaps Cyan could build Edgar something like... I don't even know... it'd probably have to be something really simple in design, considering who's making it. Perhaps a Tek-Cannon? Maybe the Magi-Tek armor he rode around in was a strong impression. Could be kinda like the drill, but magical instead of physical.
  Find