Not Sure 20.00% 1 20.00%
Nope not interested. 0% 0 0%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Curious Question, opinions requested

Status
None
So I see a lot of Final Fantasy 3/6 Hacks, kinda of been lurking around for a bit watching progress. But I was wondering if someone remade say FF1 with new features for the PC. Say through in a few new classes, some more added dungeons, so forth and so on.

1. How willing would everyone be open to playing it?
2. What extra features would you want to see in it?
3. Extra Content you'd want to see in it?

Just trying to get a feel. I'm actually rather good with the Rog maker system. Just would like some input from everyone here before I decide rather to do the project or not.

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Rog maker system? Is that a typo of RPG? Aaanyways, to answer your question... yes. I would be interested in it. Perhaps make it so that theres a couple new starting classes, and some of the old ones have branching class options. Example: Warrior going to Knight, Dark Knight, or Paladin. Thief to Archer, Ninja, or Samurai. Stuff like that. As for optional dungeons, I think the ones in Dawn of Souls, (FF1 GBA) were pretty fun. Fight other classic FF bosses? Sure, sign me up! I can't think of anything else right now, though.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
If you remake this on RPGmaker, there's a lot you could add and maybe use the PSX or even PSP tilesets and sprites. Creating new PSP sprite is harder than FFVI style sprite but the PSX sprite would be a nice compromise. As for added content, new dungeons, characters and monsters would be my favorite additions.
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 3
Status
None
I'd totally play that! And as a matter of fact, I'm working on just such a thing for GameMaker.

WIP pics:
[Image: NoticeScreen00_zps8b4e0151.png]

[Image: TitleScreen01_zps51774234.png]

[Image: PartyMenu_zps3c27530f.png]
  Find

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Regen
I worked on FFTribute with Disch and I would like to see a proper PC remake of FF1, but, NOT with any sort of game-making software. I think a program coded in C or C++ would be a much better choice. And I do agree that the PSP graphics should be used unless the group doing the PC version has good artists that can create from scratch at or higher quality than the PSP graphics.

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 3
Status
None
I'm using GameMaker Studio because I'm making it as an engine others can use for their own projects as well as a remake.
I learned to program with VisualBASIC and C++, but now I'm used to GML (I don't use drag 'n' drop at all) and I don't really feel like getting used to Visual Studio again after so many years of not using it.

I agree that for a proper remake the hi-res PSP graphics should be used. As a matter fact, despite the appearance of my screenshots, my project is set up in hi-res and am planning to have a PSP skin mode as well as both strict NES and SNES style skins.
  Find