Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Battle Command Repurposing

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
I'd like to create some "new" battle commands, but even though I've gotten the hang of hex editing, I'm still at a loss when it comes to a lot of the ASM work. I'd like to replace certain abilities which have no use in my hack with one-off abilities which pull from the spell list, the same way Shock and Health do. This seems like it should be relatively easy, but my attempts have only been good for crashing a perfectly good ROM. Has anyone had luck with this sort of thing?
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
It is pretty straightforward actually to make commands that just pick a spell from the list, just look at how they are done in the C2 document first and try and rewrite whichever one you want in a similar fashion, using that first LDA for whichever spell you want to choose from the spell list.

This thread here Madsiur explains exactly how to do it:
https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...e+as+a+bas

Editing commands any further than this though becomes much more challenging.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • revclayton (10-11-2013)

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Thanks! I did some digging through the search function, but hadn't found this thread. I'll try it out and report back with my results.

I've mostly got a command working the way I want it to! Possess has been turned into a single-target attack ability. Now I just need to figure out how to make a custom command target an entire party.
  Find