Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
This just ruined my day.

Threads: 13
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Crystal
http://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-vi-is-co...1443087791

I feel like a female Kefka snuck behind me, and raped me with a Cactuar up the butt. I am to the point of disowning Square-Enix entirely now - they just ruined my childhood.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Are you angry because its for smart phones only? Or is it another reason like how they are 'modifying' it? I'm a little sad since I do not own a smart phone. =(

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
Huh, nice. Its gonna contain some pretty sprite!

[Image: rrj.gif]
  Find

Threads: 13
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Crystal
The modifications that they're making will turn it into an Auto-Battle Play-through. The visuals are going to be nothing like the original, they want to take the part out of the game that made the re-play value necessary, i.e.: Grinding. Touch-Screen command system that will make the game just...lack on so many levels..
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(10-09-2013, 07:59 PM)Abel.Emporia Wrote: I am to the point of disowning Square-Enix entirely now - they just ruined my childhood.

It's been a long time since I lost hope in Square-Enix releasing something great. ''Remaking'' (or re-porting) FFVI to iOS and Android the way they did for FFV was predictable since it's the cheapest and fastest way for them to make money without taking too much risk.

Another critiquable move from SE after the not so great FFXIII trilogy, the fail of the FFXIV release in 2012 and the report of FFXIII Versus as FFXV for PS4. I haven't checked FFXIV ARR so I can't speak if the game is decent or not.

(10-09-2013, 08:38 PM)daemoth Wrote: Huh, nice. Its gonna contain some pretty sprite!

Probably some nice monster sprites but I don't like the way they have redone the character sprites in FFV and tilesets to a lesser expense.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Well, there is consolation in that you don't have to play it, buy it or look at it...Do what I'll do and pretend it doesn't exist!

On a side note, this is just sad:

"Dude is crazy if you think you can just walk through FFVI, I personally leveled every character to 99 and still had a tough time on the final boss, doesn't he have a one hit kill, or rather drop every character to 1 hit point move if I remember right? Old school RPG's were no push overs usually, they were all about the grind. I personally don't have time for the grind anymore so this a welcome addition to the game if I get it. Probably my all time favorite FF game."

Lol, somebody has trouble holding the "A" button.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 76
Thanks Received: 9
Status
None
I'm really sad because I wanted a ps4 ff VI remake... or a 3ds remake... or even a psp remake ( the ff iv complete collection was good)... Those ff v sprites are so ugly

Madsiur, FF XIV is an amazing game, it as been a long time for me to enjoy a game that feel like a final fantasy
  Find

Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
I found FF5 ios sprites really nice.
Especially the redone Amano portraits.

[Image: rrj.gif]
  Find

Threads: 76
Thanks Received: 9
Status
None
love the portrait but I dont like the proportions of the sprites. Dont know why
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
Yeah those portraits are really great.

And Galuf looks like he's 25 and been drinking the night before crashing with the meteorite with his 2 days old beard.
  Find