Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Request for Amano Portraits

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 15
Thanks Given: 11
Status
Mental-Break
damn james and astaroth portraits look a lot better than mine ahaha..
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Cheetamen are hard to portrait!

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 76
Thanks Received: 9
Thanks Given: 13
Status
None
Here's another one. [Image: imgshk.png]

[Image: imgshk.png]
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
These are looking good, thanks to you all! I'm actually trying to learn to make portraits myself through this too, and I'm learning a lot from you guys. I have been laboring over one for a week now and I'm making decent progress. I think I've got the face down but where I'm really struggling is with the hair. How do you take something so complicated and make it simple yet easily recognizable? In this instance I'm looking specifically at James' portrait of the young rich man and Astaroth's most recent post. Very well done, any tips or tricks?
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
dont know about astaroth but for me its all about the eyes.. and i always do the face first and outline the hair, ill have another up 4 u soon man. Luckly amano happens to be my favourite artist.. such fine and curvatious lines he uses Laugh

Second one from list.. the red mage lookin guy (least thats what i think from the hat)
[Image: imgshk.png]

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
What do you mean when you say it's all about the eyes? does that help you with other parts of the portrait after that, or are the eyes just the most important? I've got the hair outlined, whats your shading and detail process for the hair?
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
well when i say its all about the eyes, im refering to amanos work in particular as he is japanese he draws his characters in a japanesey style and the eys are the main focus , and yes for me it makes drawing the rest of it much easier cause if both of the eyes are the right distance apart and in proportion its very hard to mess up the rest of the portrait. I dont really have a process as such i sometimes will even fill in color as i draw outlines.. i guess i always have an image in my head when i begin.. a reference picture can help 2.. like these they are great. As for hair i usually save like at least 3 shades for it soetimes 4 Will make more soon

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Threads: 76
Thanks Received: 9
Thanks Given: 13
Status
None
You're very good James, my portraits are not custom made. I need an image to help me place the nose and the eyes at a good distance loll

Edrin I cant help you because I'm not as good as james, but I would like to see what you do!
  Find