Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI/3us project help needed

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(09-05-2013, 07:50 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote: Do you think that is possible to do without corrupting the rom?

Personally, I would use a hex editor until there is a very stable Zone Doctor version. I dunno if he fixed all the bugs. I could do your event this weekend if you want...
  Find

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Regen
Ok if you have time thank you. Smile I will send you a rom and I guess for now I will use an existing map for the guild hall.

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(09-05-2013, 08:27 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote: Ok if you have time thank you. :) I will send you a rom and I guess for now I will use an existing map for the guild hall.

Send me also a txt file with details such has who need to appear on the map (actors of the party), the map id, if there is NPC(s), or general guidelines of the event (things like music changes, general movements if any, etc...). If it's only what you described, well there is almost nothing of what I just mentionned lol. Also, I could wait that you finish your guild map if you want, I don't mind...
  Find

Status
Regen
Ok, let me work on both the guild hall map and the rest you listed out. I will let you know the minute I finish. Smile

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
If you need the help, and if my time is permitting, I could help out with the mapping.
  Find

Status
Regen
Mapping and sprites?! That would be epic. Laugh

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
I am willing to help with events. Sign me up! (Now probably Madsiur will be surprised)

I have not hacked for a really long time, but I promised I'd help whenever you had a hack going on.

While I did some ASM, at this stage Madsiur is best at helping you display the age of characters in the menu. Custom code will be needed in order to set the exact location where the age will be displayed, though. It gets more complex if you decide to display the age at several screens (status, during airship party selection, etc.).

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
I'm surprised to hear this too lol

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
Regen
(09-06-2013, 07:50 PM)Angelo Wrote: I am willing to help with events. Sign me up! (Now probably Madsiur will be surprised)

I have not hacked for a really long time, but I promised I'd help whenever you had a hack going on.

While I did some ASM, at this stage Madsiur is best at helping you display the age of characters in the menu. Custom code will be needed in order to set the exact location where the age will be displayed, though. It gets more complex if you decide to display the age at several screens (status, during airship party selection, etc.).

This excites me greatly. I was hoping to get you to help out. :D It is like a kid in a candy store all the great people so far that want to work on it. :) I know you'll be excited to know what it is so check your PM for the details.

As for the details I think the status screen would be the only place I'd care to use the age. And there won't be an airship in my mod so that takes care of that. ;) When you read the PM you'll know why. I will create a secret development area on my forum for all of us working on it soon so we can get on the same page.

Woo, so excited that this may be a real team working on this mod.

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Quote:Woo, so excited that this may be a real team working on this mod.

Technically speaking, I am proficient at events and some ASM. There are people equally or more capable around here than me that can help you. For example, I have passed all my knowledge on creating events to Nattak...so he should be capable of creating beautiful, real-like events in the same manner I can.
But I believe you have enlisted his help with songs and what not, so I decided to help.

I just...forgot where was I going with that Laugh

...Ah yes, I remembered now. I am a very busy guy, and sometimes life prevents me from even accessing this site. It's best for me if we talk through skype or some similar chat service.