Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Some hacking help

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I know I can probably find most of this in the other topics, but I would appreciate it if my answers were here, in one quick easy access for me. First off, some questions about ability changes I'd like to make.

Jump - Is it possible to change the added damage from spears to other types of weapons?

SwdTech - How can I change the ability and skills names for this? And is it possible to change the effects themselves?

Throw - How do I limit the types of items to be thrown, and can I edit it so that it doesn't use up that item? So it becomes more like a tool, than anything else really.

Morph - I'd like to change this so that when the user morphs, he/she becomes invincible... if that's not possible, how about adding shell/protect/haste? And then being dropped to 1 hp after it wears off. High risk, high reward ability kinda thing... but would this break the game too much?

Finally, I know nothing about Hex coding, and I'm not too worried about this stuff in the immediate future. So, if possible, would someone be willing to either help out with my project in this regard, sometime in the future, or at least help me learn how to do it?
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
I can help you with a couple things at least. Weapons can be modified in FF6usME to have both the "Does extra damage when jumping" and the "Is throwable" bits set.

I'd also check the ME for your SwdTech related stuff, although I'm not 100% sure about what it's capabilities are as far as SwdTech is concerned, and I can't open it on this laptop.

Many people here (including myself) would be willing to help you learn how to hex edit, but there's also this tutorial which is great:
https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...hp?tid=802
And there's also these that Madsiur just put up today, although I don't know what's in them.
https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...p?tid=2312

Confused Moogles FTW