Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Some guides required here!

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
I've finally managed to finish all the main character sprites, even after freakin' realizing only the first 12 are usable in battles and having to recolor everything. My next step right now is to change certain weapon sprites, that from what I've heard is not as easy to do.

My goals are changing the GP sprite used in GP Rain to Dynamite Headdy's head (sprite which I already have done), so that it looks like he's attacking him with the head rather from using money (whoever has played Dynamite Headdy should know why). What is the easiest way to achieve this, knowing I'm quite bad with anything that's not FF3usME and FF3SE?

I also wanted to change, in a similar fasion, the sprites from all "Boomerang-Full Moon" weapons to the very same head. I realize it must be quite the same thing, but still.

The last unrelated thing would be this. Since GP rain is pretty much gamebreaker at the start, I want Headdy (locke) to stay ability-less until he finds the object that "changes Slot for GP Rain", that once equipped, lets it gain access to the ability, GP Rain that is. Is it possible to do such thing?

Any help is appreciated beforehand. I am aware there are some video tutorials out there... but I'm fairly more comfortable at reading a guide.

Thanks in advance!

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
Check out this thread.

In the future I would suggest using the search function before opening a new thread to ask.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(07-28-2013, 05:35 AM)Kugawattan Wrote: I want Headdy (locke) to stay ability-less until he finds the object that "changes Slot for GP Rain", that once equipped, lets it gain access to the ability, GP Rain that is. Is it possible to do such thing?

Yes it's possible with some ASM coding.You could set a branch in the appropriate place in bank C3 and write the ability in the SRAM when it's character 01 and when it's the good relic. The Abilities range from $1616,X to $1619,X in the SRAM.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
as for changing the coins to his head, that can be done, its just a matter of assigning a custom palette (unless you want the head gray lol) (that needs to be done via hex though),

the boomerang graphic can be tweaked but it requires a lot of work, as for the full moon, graphic its...iffy

part of its tile is replicated and reused so its really all about how u alter it, which in the end isn't really worth it unless you can somehow make it work for you

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC