Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
X-Magic ---> Summon

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Sleep
I was thinking about the Summon command today and thought to myself that as great as it is to be able to have a working Summon command, giving it to the character will most likely have it replacing the magic command.

In response I figured it feasible to alter the Gem Box mechanic so that it would give the player Summon when equipped instead of X-Magic, thus allowing you to have a choice. X-Magic is a big thing to lose however at least in my hack I can work around it for now and for my purposes it is a bit too powerful.

Anyway after digging through the C2 bank for while I finally found the code in question:

Code:
(Data - commands that can be replaced with other commands thanks to Relics)

C2/5452: 05   (Steal)
C2/5453: 0F   (Slot)
C2/5454: 0D   (Sketch)
C2/5455: 02   (Magic)
C2/5456: 00   (Fight)

(Data - commands that can replace above commands due to Relics)

C2/5457: 06   (Capture)
C2/5458: 18   (GP Rain)
C2/5459: 0E   (Control)
C2/545A: 17   (X-Magic)
C2/545B: 16   (Jump)

The code here is pretty interchangeable, you can really do some fun things with regards to commands. A simple change of C2/545A from 17 to 19 will change it to the Summon command.

My only issue in this is in the status menu it still displays the command as X-Magic even though it really isn't. I am not really keen on where the code for this is located however or if it is as easy to change around. If I can get this all working well I can put a patch together if anyone things people would be interested in this change.

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
The summon command needs a fair amount of revamping to work as a proper ability. I don't remember exactly how it works now, but it's not diverse and has no menu.
  Find

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Sleep
I think the current structure of the ability is fine for my purposes at least, by that I mean what has already been done by others to give functionality to it. The ability to Summon your equipped esper unlimited times is a great niche ability that I think works as an alternative to magic with the right character setup(and the right espers).