Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Natural Magice and more?

Threads: 23
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 6
Status
None
1.) How would I go about giving natural magic to Cyan? Is it doable in ff3usme or is a hex process?

2.) does Leo's shock damage increase as the game progress? As he levels?

3.) i want to be able to have a character that is weaponless and just uses his natural attack, but i want him to hit roughly as much as everyone else. What's my best approach to this?
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
(07-20-2013, 10:39 PM)ribbits Wrote: 1.) How would I go about giving natural magic to Cyan? Is it doable in ff3usme or is a hex process?

This would require assembly. You can look at C2/61B6 and C2/61FC to see how it's done for Celes and Terra, then expand on that to include Cyan.

You can also just replace Celes or Terra with Cyan if that tickles your fancy, but it really depends on what your end goal is.

Quote:2.) does Leo's shock damage increase as the game progress? As he levels?

It should. It uses the normal magic damage formula, which scales with level and magic power.

Quote:3.) i want to be able to have a character that is weaponless and just uses his natural attack, but i want him to hit roughly as much as everyone else. What's my best approach to this?

The easiest way would be just to give him high natural battle power through FF3usME, possibly coupling that with good Vigor growth.

The harder way would be to create a special case for this character during damage calculation, modifying it as necessary.

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find

Status
None
(07-20-2013, 10:56 PM)Synchysi Wrote:
(07-20-2013, 10:39 PM)ribbits Wrote: 1.) How would I go about giving natural magic to Cyan? Is it doable in ff3usme or is a hex process?

This would require assembly. You can look at C2/61B6 and C2/61FC to see how it's done for Celes and Terra, then expand on that to include Cyan.

You can also just replace Celes or Terra with Cyan if that tickles your fancy, but it really depends on what your end goal is.

I thought of replacing them, but then one of them would lose there natural magic as well, correct?

Quote:
Quote:2.) does Leo's shock damage increase as the game progress? As he levels?

It should. It uses the normal magic damage formula, which scales with level and magic power.

so depending on his magic power and level, Shocks damage will be higher or lower.

Quote:
Quote:3.) i want to be able to have a character that is weaponless and just uses his natural attack, but i want him to hit roughly as much as everyone else. What's my best approach to this?

The easiest way would be just to give him high natural battle power through FF3usME, possibly coupling that with good Vigor growth.

The harder way would be to create a special case for this character during damage calculation, modifying it as necessary.

Whats considered a high natural battle power. I think Gau starts at 99, and believe hes the highest to start.
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
(07-20-2013, 11:20 PM)ribbits Wrote: I thought of replacing them, but then one of them would lose there natural magic as well, correct?

Correct.

Quote:so depending on his magic power and level, Shocks damage will be higher or lower.

Right. Shock is just like any other attack. There's absolutely nothing special about it other than it activating from a character's command window.

Quote:Whats considered a high natural battle power. I think Gau starts at 99, and believe hes the highest to start.

The cap is 255, so what you consider high may be what you're aiming for in the endgame. The good news here is that level plays a rather sizable role in the physical damage formula, so you'll scale reasonably well regardless.

To find your sweet spot, you will need to experiment. 200 battle power is high, but that may cause that character's damage to get out of control early on in the game. Alternatively, 100 may be good for the early game but he'll likely fall behind later on.

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 8
Status
Well-Fed

I've actually got a hack here that adds Relm to the natural magic list (among a couple of other minor additions), and the .asm is included and, I believe, really well documented. You might look at that as a starting point for Cyan -- although I'll note that if you want to continue to have him learning SwdTech/Bushido by level at the same time, the ASM hacking will become more complicated. As it's currently set up, a given character can only have one natural ability at a time.

Current Project: FF6: Tensei | Discord ID: TristanGrayse
  Find

Status
None
(07-21-2013, 11:14 AM)GrayShadows Wrote: I've actually got a hack here that adds Relm to the natural magic list (among a couple of other minor additions), and the .asm is included and, I believe, really well documented. You might look at that as a starting point for Cyan -- although I'll note that if you want to continue to have him learning SwdTech/Bushido by level at the same time, the ASM hacking will become more complicated. As it's currently set up, a given character can only have one natural ability at a time.

I actually came across this patch the other day. I wouldn't have cyan with swd tech anymore it would be just natural magic. The only thing with asm is i am just learning event editing (with a big thanks to many of you on this forum) so asm i believe will be above my head yet. Maybe down the road i'll pick it up too. Thanks for your post and help!
  Find