Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Dumb questions from a noob

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
Eh, I'll appreciate if you guys could help me by answering these super noobish questions that you probably have answered so many times already but that never hurts to repeat, never hurts to repeat, never hurts to repeat.

1. It is possible to edit animations of events, for example, I don't know, when for example when the Soldiers clean Kefka's boots, make it so they don't do it and instead just continue walking? If it is, poot guide on how to do so here.

2. Which sprites exactly can be changed and which can't? For example, can I edit the sprite of certain weapons, of the GP sprite of GP Rain?

3. How do we change names to skills, like Blitz, Tools, Slot, etc.?

4. I guess it is, but is it possible to have Shadow (who in my hack is replaced with someone else) not to have Interceptor protecting him? Can I actually make it so that there's no interceptor following Shadow in his over world sprite at all? If it is, poot guide on how to do so here.

I'll highly appreciate any help you guys can give me, and I hope not to bore you guys a lot!

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
Im no pro but here some answers. Wink

2. Pretty much everything can be changed. Weapons and battle animations can be easily changed, the only thing is finding them in the rom. You can check this tutorial from Zeemis. He uses YYCHR available on this site. Note that some graphics uses tiles, like the battle background, so changing them can be very tricky. Also, some other graphics can be compressed, so you need to decompress them. Compress/Decompress Tutorial.

[Image: rrj.gif]
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
There is an event editing tutorial here:

https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...nt+editing

It will help you with your answers to questions 1 and 4. Interceptor guarding Shadow in battle is actually a status effect that gets set during an event. I don't know which event offhand, though, so you might need to search for it...

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
3) FF3us tables in conjunction with an hex editor like Windhex should do the work. I think you can make string searches.

Questions 1 is event related, all you need is the event dump and maybe the event commands list to understand how event works. You can find these on Imzogelmo's site.
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 15
Thanks Given: 11
Status
Mental-Break
To make it more simple ..

3. Skill names that are in the battle menu can be changed with FF3usME. If you are talking about the skills inside the actual menu, that however will use some hex editing. Keep in mind that only a certain amount of letters will fit unless you use that extended word IPS patch they already made.

https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...p?tid=1537

madsiur has the full character table on there
  Find