Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
strange overworld pallette problem...

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 7
Status
None
For some unkown reason my Edgar has Pallette 05 in game when in group. He has his palette 02 in battles which i fixed via Hex.
And i have switched to 02 in everywhere in the FF6LE.

The thing is, i switched it from his previous 04 pallette to 02.
But i can see that he uses the palette 05.
Does anyone know what i have forgotten?
His Battle palette works correctly.
But when i have him as leader, or when a conversation starts he has wrong palette.
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Status
Obliviscence
This means that the PC Edgar's palette assignment is wrong. The PC palettes are only set with events and only a handful of times throughout the game. So if you didn't experience any of those events, he is going to stay on whatever palette he has. Did you move Edgar's sprite to Mog or Umaro's spots? Those are the PCs that naturally have palette 5 set in the game. My normal fix for when I make changes to the game and want to fix a vanilla save file is to make a custom event that fixes everything I need fixed.
  Find

Status
None
hmm... i get what you are saying i think...
But, he is getting this pallette as soon as you gain control of him for the first time, when he walks towards kefka in figaro castle.
Do you know where and how to change that pallette?
I have never have him in Umaro or Mog, thats why i am confused he is in pallette 5.

Love your conversations with your daughter btw, always makes me smile Laugh
  Find

Status
Obliviscence
I don't know how it might have been changed, but that palette assignment is here:
Code:
CA/66BC: 43    Assign palette $00 to character $04 (Actor in stot 4)

Which will look like this in hex:
Code:
43 04 00

What is probably in your code would be:
Code:
43 04 05

Then you need to run your game back to when you name him, that is when this code runs, he's still his normal palette before you control him because its an NPC version of him.

And yeah, she keeps us entertained, that's for sure. My wife's facebook is a local phenomenon because of her.
  Find

Status
None
Awww maan...
This is wierd!
No it doesnt say 05 there :/
it says
04 04 43 02 04

And whats more wierd is that.... Shadows overworld pallete has changed to 00 too!
and i havent even touched him :S
daaaafq!
btw! Where did you get the information:

Code:

CA/66BC: 43 Assign palette $00 to character $04 (Actor in stot 4)
  Find

Status
Obliviscence
What else has been done to the ROM? There are obviously some event code changes going on here.

If that is indeed CA/66BC then the code is offset 2 bytes there, the code before 43 04 00 should be 37 04 04, so it looks like you are at BA and not BC, but maybe there are some other changes... regardless, Edgars palette is not being set here, Cyan's is. Actor 02 is Cyan, and its being set for 4 (which is correct but irrelevant here).

I think I see what happened.
In the three party battle, all of the characters get set with palette 5 (MOOGLES!), so when the code got here it changed Cyan's palette and not Edgars, so Edgar continued to have palette 5 as a PC. I'm not sure yet why Shadow is changed, but I would imagine something similar is happening, some wrong palette assignment somewhere. When do you first notice Shadow's palette changing? from the get-go or somewhere later on?
  Find

Status
None
The following B's has the following values.

B7 B8 B9 BA BB BC
-----------------------

04 04 37 04 04 43

And yes you are right, cyans pallette is 4. (Y)

Wow, hey you are making sense with that moogle stuff there! Laugh
But what should i do? :/
What is the offset for Edgars? :O

yes, Shadow has the right pallete (04) when you speak to him in south Figaro. But when you gain control of him when with Sabin, he changes to 00.
  Find

Status
Obliviscence
Ok good, go to BC and where it has BC 02 04, type BC 04 00. That will fix Edgar, remember, you will have to play the game from where you first talk to Edgar in order for this fix to work.

Next we can track down Shadow's problem. When you talk to Shadow in S.Figaro he is an NPC and his palette is set in the map data, the assignment for the PC could be anywhere at this point. But let's start with where it's supposed to be:

Code:
CA/7CAA: 43    Assign palette $04 to character $03 (Actor in stot 3)

CB/0A8D: 43    Assign palette $04 to character $03 (Actor in stot 3)

Which one is used depends on when you name Shadow. Check both, you should see "43 03 04".

BTW: all this is in the EventScriptTxt.txt. Im not sure where I found it originally but it shouldn't be too terribly difficult to find. Check the sites in the Resources section of the site.
  Find

Status
None
I switched Edgar, and just restarded the game to check it Laugh

Yes it is 43 03 04 on both of them Smile

YESSSS!!!!
Edgar problem IS SOLVED! Thank you so much kind sir! <3
  Find

Status
Obliviscence
Then my guess is that you named him in S.Figaro and there is another assignment somewhere else for him that shouldn't be there. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to look for the other offsets ATM but if I get a chance later I will try to give you a few more options.

Find the event dump here: http://www.angelfire.com/al2/imzogelmo/patches.html
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to B-Run for this post:
  • xeblon (07-20-2013)