Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Gaston Sprite Sheet

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
Another one of my characters, this time Gaston from Beauty and the Beast.
This one was easier to make (around 1:30~ hours) but I obviously used Sabin base sprites to make it.

[Image: kuga-other-gaston.png]

I've got a similar paletter problem with him as well, it does use the Stargo/Relm/Kefka/Etc. palette yet it messes with other chars. I think it's a problem with the order of the colors in the palette or something like that, if I could get info on how to modify these things I'll be grateful.
Thanks in advance, again!

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Zombie
lol he kind of looks like he has mud on his face.
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 15
Thanks Given: 11
Status
Mental-Break
https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...hp?tid=667

Take a look at this, will help you with the palette problem Smile
  Find

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
Mud? WELL NO ONE GETS MUD ON HIS FACE LIKE GASTON.

On a serious note, yeah he does xD I'm not really good at spriting as you can see, this is my... third sprite sheet done (first being a crappy N. Gin which I don't have anymore, second being Frollo), so you can't expect it to be good.

Thanks so much Badass! It worked wonders! Thank you, thank you thank you!!!

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
This isn't too bad for your third sprite, well done. The only advice I would give is that you should use some light and dark colours which correspond to give your characters a bit more depth -- like in my avatar, you can see the two shades of red create some illusion of depth on the fighter's tunic, and the lighter shade in his hair makes it not so flat looking. Also keep note of how the eyes function with the other sprites, where they should probably be when they are closed and all that. That's about all I've got to say, good work for your third sprite sheet, keep it up.
  Find

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
Not a bad job, I think that you need to give him some boots and try and make him have that v-neck shirt that he wears. Other that, I see the Gaston look. Also try and put some custom poses of Gaston in there, too. Gaston is a very cocky character, try to work in some custom poses that look boastful, but other than that a good start.
  Find