Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
More issues with FF6LE

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
So I was building a new map, same size as the one I was replacing, and before I finished I started getting the "Recompressed tilemaps exceed allotted space. The editor stopped saving at tilemap 0x15D" error. I figured I was placing too many different tiles or something and decided to restore the old map and start again on another map. But when I imported the old map at first it wasn't letting me save the Layer 2 map at all, then when it did I was getting the too large error again. Everything has been restored exactly how it was, but I'm still getting the error. I'm not sure why the old map won't fit back where it went originally. It seems this program is a bit finicky. If anyone can shed some light on that error and maybe what I can do to fix this I would really appreciate it.

I keep a lot of backups so if worse comes to worse I can just go back to an older backup and start over, but I would really like to know how this works so I can be as efficient as possible.

While I'm on the subject of FF6LE, I have also noticed that I can't set my exits to anything above 00FF, anything 01XX gets the 1 trunkated. I have been manually fixing this in the hex, but if there is a fix for it in the program, that would be nice.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(06-20-2013, 11:27 AM)Edrin Wrote: "Recompressed tilemaps exceed allotted space. The editor stopped saving at tilemap 0x15D" error."

I'm not sure of what I say but it seems for some reason when you are replacing a tile with another one, the old tile is erased but the quantity in the tile array remain the same, hence the exceeded space that in reality is not exceeded. I might be wrong but I could find out by debugging the source code in C#.

(06-20-2013, 11:27 AM)Edrin Wrote: While I'm on the subject of FF6LE, I have also noticed that I can't set my exits to anything above 00FF, anything 01XX gets the 1 trunkated. I have been manually fixing this in the hex, but if there is a fix for it in the program, that would be nice.

This is probably only a conversion error. Probably a lot easier fix than the above error.
  Find

Status
Obliviscence
(06-20-2013, 03:48 PM)Madsiur Wrote: I'm not sure of what I say but it seems for some reason when you are replacing a tile with another one, the old tile is erased but the quantity in the tile array remain the same, hence the exceeded space that in reality is not exceeded. I might be wrong but I could find out by debugging the source code in C#.

This is probably only a conversion error. Probably a lot easier fix than the above error.

If you could take a look at these I would be very grateful. I am using the FF6LE-Rogue version BTW.
  Find

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Status
Regen
I need to post my error/bug I keep getting. It's annoying to have to save every minute or two to prevent data loss. Sad

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(06-20-2013, 04:52 PM)Edrin Wrote: If you could take a look at these I would be very grateful. I am using the FF6LE-Rogue version BTW.

(06-21-2013, 12:33 AM)JCE3000GT Wrote: I need to post my error/bug I keep getting. It's annoying to have to save every minute or two to prevent data loss. Sad

I will look at FF6LE Rogue this weekend. If you guys could post download links to maps that are trigerring problems, I could import them right away. This would accelerate the debugging process. Also JCE3000GT, post a screenshot of the error you get if it's not the same one Edrin described.
  Find

Status
Regen
I'll try to get that for you sometime this weekend. :) You'll have to keep my (overworld) map a secret since my project is secret. LOL

Status
Obliviscence
Just sent you a PM with the link Mad. Thanks again.
  Find

Status
Regen
Ugh, I PM'd you the map but I cannot for the life of me reproduce the error now. Figures that it wouldn't produce the error now that I'm trying to make it do it. I'll post the error message when I get it next time. I'm going to work on the map again soon.