Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
editing tools (chainsaw, drill, flash, ...)

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hello to all, i'm working to change the tools command into sing, my problem is that i can change the animation of the tools but i can't add status to the tools or get healing when i use a tool

for example: for test i use autocrossbow to change it to life's anthem, i can get the animation but i don't heal the characters, only have damage.

is possible link the tools to a spells or adds status when it used?

anyone can help me please?
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
Each tool except Bio Blaster and Flash has an effect harcoded in bank C2. Check the C2 disassembly, the pointers start at C2/2B2A. Maybe by removing that effect (by pointing to nothing) you could remove the damage. If this doesn't work you'll probably have to code an effect that heal your character(s). This require ASM hacking. I'm not too sure how to go with this one though...
  Find

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Sleep
I was able to put together something close to what you are trying to do. Using a bit of trial and error(based on the fact that my knowledge of the in depth stuff is pretty lacking) and referencing http://www.rpglegion.com/ff6/hack/code2.txt this is what I came up with. The hardcoded part of the (for this example) Autocrossbow is:

Code:
C2/2B5D: A9 40        LDA #$40
C2/2B5F: 0C A2 11     TSB $11A2   (Set no split damage)
C2/2B62: 60           RTS

I am still learning, but I assume the last line is the equivalent of FE or Return when event editing. The second line is self explanatory from the text at the end, but you can effectively replace that line with something else to get a different effect. The first line I am not 100% sure on(maybe Madsiur can clarify) but I believe it is a starting point that defines what general effect you want such as magic, physical, or even a certain skill. There are plenty of things that start with A9 scattered throught the document but they are not very descriptive so this is my best guess. Based on that I came up with this:

Code:
C2/2B5D: A9 05        LDA #$05
C2/2B5F: 0C A4 11     TSB $11A4   (Sets attack to heal)

I borrowed the first line from the Health command(but it is actually the third line from that string, I tried the first and it froze the game) and I believe it sets it up as a magic ability because when I altered Edgar's magic power the healing amounts changed. The second line again is self explanatory but it sets the ability to heal. You will then have to do some FF3usME editing to the "Autocrossbow", namely unchecking the box that says "Cursor starts on enemy" so that it will target your party. Since you already changed the animation you should be good to go. Note that this will do split damage however there are limitations in that you can't override existing strings for other things without adverse effects. I am sure there is a way to branch like with events but that is a bit above my skillset. I hope I could be of help Smile

Status
Tissue-aware
You're right Auroraplatonic. Register $11A4 has the healing property:

Code:
$11A4 : Special Byte 2 (Bit 0 = Heal, 1 = Redirection, 2 = Lift status, 3 = Toggle status,
                            4 = Stamina can block, 5 = Can't be dodged, 6 = Hits mult. of hit rate,
                            7 = Damage based on HP)

By setting it to #$05, you're setting bit 0 and bit 3.

For reference, $11A2 holds this:

Code:
$11A2 : Special Byte 1 ( Bit 0 = Physical Damage, 1 = Miss if Death Prot.,
                             2 = Target only dead allies, 3 = Cures undead,
                             4 = Randomize target, 5 = Ignore defense,
                             6 = No Split Damage, 7 = Abort on Allies)
  Find

Status
None
(06-03-2013, 11:27 PM)auraplatonic Wrote:
Code:
C2/2B5D: A9 05        LDA #$05
C2/2B5F: 0C A4 11     TSB $11A4   (Sets attack to heal)

so if i replace the autocrossbos with this has a healing effect no?

you have helped me a lot, thanks you and thanks you too madsiur

can you say me where i can see how to give status? for example causes haste to all the party or sleep on all the enemies?
  Find

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
Well I was wondering about that as well, especially since I'd like to change it into something else.
  Find

Status
None
Code:
A9 EE        LDA #$EE    (select Spell EEh - Battle)
20 66 29     JSR $2966   (go load spell data)

At the end of all, and a lot of test, i find this, if you change "EE" for the spell that you want you load the spell that you want

for example: for load haste 2 (his value is 27):

A9 27
20 66 29

hehe Smile

that you think about it?

about bio blaster and flash, madsiur is possible found their location pointer to edit it or use this to edit it?

C2/2B1C: 2F 2B (Bio Blaster) (do nothing)
C2/2B1E: 2F 2B (Flash) (do nothing)
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(06-04-2013, 05:54 AM)luxador Wrote: can you say me where i can see how to give status? for example causes haste to all the party or sleep on all the enemies?

Here you have the status to set registers:

Code:
$11AA : Status set by attack 1 (Bit 0 = Blind, 1 = Zombie, 2 = Poison, 3 = M-Tek,
                                    4 = Invisible, 5 = Imp, 6 = Stone, 7 = Death)
$11AB : Status set by attack 2 (Bit 0 = Count, 1 = Weak, 2 = Image, 3 = Mute,
                                    4 = Berserk, 5 = Confuse, 6 = Seizure, 7 = Sleep)
$11AC : Status set by attack 3 (Bit 0 = Dance, 1 = Regen, 2 = Slow, 3 = Haste,
                                    4 = Stop, 5 = Shell, 6 = Safe, 7 = Wall)
$11AD : Status set by attack 4 (Bit 0 = Rage, 1 = Freeze, 2 = Life 3, 3 = Morph,
                                    4 = Spell, 5 = Hide, 6 = Dog Block, 7 = Float)

So to set sleep you would do the following. I'm not sure about changing the targeting to multiples enemies:

Code:
LDA #$10
STA $11AD

(06-04-2013, 12:27 PM)luxador Wrote: about bio blaster and flash, madsiur is possible found their location pointer to edit it or use this to edit it?

They currently both point to a RTS but you could wrote code where you have free space and change the pointers after. They use a spell right now. I listed their code in this thread: https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...p?tid=2185
  Find

Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
(06-04-2013, 01:50 PM)Madsiur Wrote: So to set sleep you would do the following. I'm not sure about changing the targeting to multiples enemies:

I haven't tested it, but wouldn't it be just a matter of setting the bits here with the targeting you want?

Code:
$11A0 : Targeting Byte (Bit 0 = Cursor Moveable, 1 = One Side Only,
                            2 = Autoselect both parties, 3 = Autoselect one party
                            4 = Auto Confirm, 5 = Manual Party Select,
                            6 = Cursor Start on Enemy, 7 = Randomize selection)

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find

Status
None
(06-04-2013, 01:50 PM)Madsiur Wrote: Here you have the status to set registers:

Code:
$11AA : Status set by attack 1 (Bit 0 = Blind, 1 = Zombie, 2 = Poison, 3 = M-Tek,
                                    4 = Invisible, 5 = Imp, 6 = Stone, 7 = Death)
$11AB : Status set by attack 2 (Bit 0 = Count, 1 = Weak, 2 = Image, 3 = Mute,
                                    4 = Berserk, 5 = Confuse, 6 = Seizure, 7 = Sleep)
$11AC : Status set by attack 3 (Bit 0 = Dance, 1 = Regen, 2 = Slow, 3 = Haste,
                                    4 = Stop, 5 = Shell, 6 = Safe, 7 = Wall)
$11AD : Status set by attack 4 (Bit 0 = Rage, 1 = Freeze, 2 = Life 3, 3 = Morph,
                                    4 = Spell, 5 = Hide, 6 = Dog Block, 7 = Float)

So to set sleep you would do the following. I'm not sure about changing the targeting to multiples enemies:

Code:
LDA #$10
STA $11AD

(06-04-2013, 04:33 PM)Synchysi Wrote:
Code:
$11A0 : Targeting Byte (Bit 0 = Cursor Moveable, 1 = One Side Only,
                            2 = Autoselect both parties, 3 = Autoselect one party
                            4 = Auto Confirm, 5 = Manual Party Select,
                            6 = Cursor Start on Enemy, 7 = Randomize selection)

This is amazing, this is that i search, where do you find this?

do you see that i put above? what do you think?

thanks a lot for this, i'm going to work on it to create the songs for the command and if you want i can upload it
  Find