Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF3usME Spacing Issue

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
I seem to be having a problem with the FF3usME program in that when I try to rename a spell or ability in the Spell/Esper editor, I seem to get an extra 'space' when I rename it to something that uses two words. To illustrate:

The ability name is "Risephenix"
I want to rename it back to "Fire Dance"
There seem to be several options for a 'space' as you can see here:

[Image: Untidhytled.jpg]

Some of them create odd symbols in-game, resulting in "Fire#Dance" or something else, but the most common issue I end up with is two spaces, resulting in "Fire__Dance". (underlines added due to two spaces being automatically fixed)

How can I reliably add a space between words?
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
If you just start typing on the rename screen, you can modify the spell names that way and the space bar character will show up properly in-game.

Alternatively, I think the very last blank in that character menu is the one you're looking for.

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Synchysi for this post:
  • Talon19892 (06-03-2013)

Status
None
Through some further experimentation I found that it's actually the second to last blank in the character menu that does the trick, but that typing information is very helpful. I feel kind of dumb for not even thinking to attempt typing! Thank you so much!

I do have two more questions though, and I don't know if it would be frowned upon to start a new topic (some forums hate clutter) so I'll just ask here.

A number of hacks that I have found have a 'hold cancel button to dash' feature involved to nullify the requirement of Sprint Shoes. However, I would like to make it so that you don't have to hold any button to walk faster, you just do it all the time. I can't seem to find any method of doing it in FF3usME. How can I modify that effect?

The other question is where are Cyan's SwdTech ability names stored so that I can rename them?
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(06-01-2013, 11:45 PM)Talon19892 Wrote: However, I would like to make it so that you don't have to hold any button to walk faster, you just do it all the time. I can't seem to find any method of doing it in FF3usME. How can I modify that effect?

You can increase the waliking speed from 02 to 03 here:

Code:
C0/4678:    A902        LDA #$02      
C0/467A:    997508      STA $0875,Y

(06-01-2013, 11:45 PM)Talon19892 Wrote: The other question is where are Cyan's SwdTech ability names stored so that I can rename them?

The swordTech names are located from CF/3C40 to CF/3E7F (unhedeared ROM).
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:

Status
None
Please excuse me I'm very new to all this, but what tool do I need to use to access that code and modify it?
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
There are 8 consecutive spots in the spell list in FF3usME. The first is called Joker Doom, and the other seven are blank. They have an additional Rename button under a "Real Name" heading. You can use that to rename them.

As for B-button dash, it's not something you can do through the editor. There is a patch out there that does it, and it would be a simple matter to modify it so that you only dash if you don't hold the cancel button, or even dash permanently.

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Synchysi for this post:

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
(06-02-2013, 12:46 AM)Talon19892 Wrote: Please excuse me I'm very new to all this, but what tool do I need to use to access that code and modify it?

You'll want a hex editor, like WindHex. You can find it in the tools section of the forum.

Confused Moogles FTW
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Lockirby2 for this post:

Status
None
Okay I'm in Windhex and from Masiur's post I've found myself here:

[Image: Untitleddhfdh.png]

Quote:Code:
C0/4678: A902 LDA #$02
C0/467A: 997508 STA $0875,Y

Looking at this I'm assuming that the "C0/4678:" and "C0/467A" corresponds to the left-most column, however I have no clue what "A902" and "LDA #02" are in relation to, much less how to edit them (or which '02' to change to '03'). Can someone explain what those values are and how I can modify them?

Is there a thread or tutorial or page somewhere where I can learn the technical jargon that's being used here?
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Well first of all you're not at the right address, you want to be at C0/4678 and you're at C4/4678. That's why there's an extra '0' at the end of your address =D
Try searching (at the top go to Search>Goto for Offset) for '4678' just that. Or, 04678. That will lead you right to the A902. You modify/change it by inserting a new number/byte. Change the 02 to 03. Then save.

And I don't believe there's a real beginners tutorial here on the basics of hex editing, but you can check the tutorials in the tutorials>hex editing section and maybe pick up a few things. But yeah, the numbers in the left column there are for the addresses, and the ones there in the middle are the bytes/data that you can change.

Also, it's a good idea to change the linear offset (the address) to: SNES Hi-ROM, that way it shows the bank you are in. To do that, just go to 'Option' at the top, and 'display linear offset as>SNES Hi-ROM.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:

Status
None
Quote:Try searching (at the top go to search>goto for offset) '4678' just that. Or, 04678. That will lead you right to the A902.

When I do that I end up here:

[Image: Untitlev_cncnvd.jpg]

I don't see anything saying A902. Where should I be looking?

Perhaps I should be clearer, I am edited the Stand Guard ROMhack, not the original ROM. Looking at the original ROM there appears to be values there instead of 00's, but even then none of them say A902. Also I am looking to remove the 'hold B to dash' function entirely and simply make that the constant walking speed (as I have found that wearing sprint shoes and holding B at the same time accelerate the character to ridiculous speeds).
  Find