Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF6 Status effects

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 25
Status
None
Hi there!!! Ok so I am having some issues with editing the status effect icons and instead of blowing up the shout box(sorry about that...) I decided to post her instead. Here's what I am doing/would like to do.

1- Change the existing status effect icon appearances(currently doing that xD)

2- Add more for NEW status effects! (not sure if I even can, and IF I can, where and how?)

3- add more usuable colors for the icons(will that mess things up elsewhere?

Ty for your help n3n!
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
All 32 status fits on 4 bytes meaning to add one more, you need to create a new status byte. This mean finding available RAM and coding the effect of your new status. At that point for the trouble it would give you, you would be better creating 8 new status than only 1 or 2. One thing you can do though is alter a status and make it behave in a different way.

As for your palette question, I don't know where that palette is located in the ROM. Maybe if you could locate in bank C3 where it is loaded you could assign as 16 colors palette but you would also need to change the coding and the icons I presume... I'm not really a graphic guy.
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Special byte 3 has six free bits to use for whatever you need. I've used them for flagging certain things in my hack, but it shouldn't be too difficult to expand on that and use them for new status effects.

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(05-19-2013, 12:25 AM)Synchysi Wrote: Special byte 3 has six free bits to use for whatever you need. I've used them for flagging certain things in my hack, but it shouldn't be too difficult to expand on that and use them for new status effects.

I wonder if you would also need an extra copy byte elsewhere (like status to set byte 1 in $3DD4), an extra status to clear byte ($3DFC) and an extra status after attack byte ($3E60). I guess it depends what you need/want to do with you new status...
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Well, I guess I made it sound like it would be easy; it won't be. I haven't done much with status effects myself, but as long as you know where to look (and have the space to work with) it seems like you could just use multiple bits in $11A7.

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find

Threads: 18
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 47
Status
None
Since I couldn't find any listing of the status bytes on this site, here is a listing from Assassin's Stackable Immunities fix:

Quote:-------------------------
#1: (Bit 0 = Dark, 1 = Zombie, 2 = Poison, 3 = M-Tek
         4 = Clear, 5 = Imp, 6 = Petrify, 7 = Wound)

#2: (Bit 0 = Condemned, 1 = Near Fatal, 2 = Image, 3 = Mute
         4 = Berserk, 5 = Muddle, 6 = Seizure, 7 = Sleep [called "Psyche" by the game. grr..])

#3: (Bit 0 = Dance +, 1 = Regen, 2 = Slow, 3 = Haste
         4 = Stop, 5 = Shell, 6 = Safe, 7 = Reflect)

#4: (Bit 0 = Rage, 1 = Freeze *, 2 = Life 3, 3 = Morph
         4 = Control/Magic Chant, 5 = Hide, 6 = Dog Block, 7 = Float)

+ When found in enemy startup statuses, this means permanent Float.
* When found in enemy startup statuses, this means permanent Runic, a property that
  gets stored outside of these status bytes.
  Find