Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Aurora, Queen of Figaro base spritesheet done + front and back crown

Threads: 8
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
This is my current work in progress of a character in my personal project, the untitled Final Fantasy 6 LP mod.

In it, Figaro has a queen and princess, rather than a king and prince, and physically, they currently use Celes and Terra's sprites, but I want them to be more unique.

This is the current WIP of Aurora's spritesheet, and this is my very first original FF6 sprite design. (I normally just made missing sprites on people, such as Siegfried, Daryl, Maduin, etc)

[Image: final_fantasy_6_lp___aurora_base_sprites...65ce6r.png]

I made the image bigger so it's easier to look at straight off, and so that at a glance, people can tell me if there's anything wrong without having to download it and enlarge it or anything.

If anyone is interested, the references I was using for this was Cyan for the legs and overall armour style, and Siegfried for the cape style.

Edit - I updated it, in this one, I completely removed all the hair clips and I worked on a handful more of the front and back ones that could be done quickly as originally I was just going to fix the idle cape sprite, and decided to show a bit more progress.

I didn't start on the side and special sprites yet, but i'll work on them for a bit longer. As of now, I have a few hours before I need to head off, and I'll work more on Aurora's sprite, but I also want to see if I made Rachel/Celes work properly with Morph instead of Daryl/Terra.

edit - I changed the colours after talking with poco loco and we got some much better looking ones now, yay.

Edit - This is a test to see how she looks with a crown.
[Image: final_fantasy_6_lp___aurora_crown_test_2...65h3h5.png]

Edit - I finished the base spritesheet, and now I'm toying with giving her a crown, and I figured out how to do the front and back of the crown, but I honestly have no idea what to do for the side view with the crown, does anyone have any suggestions?

┬──┬ ノ(゜-゜ノ) I return thee table to thy intended position, mankind does not mean to flip you so often.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
What?! Another Aurora!?!? (Aurora is the purple-haired main character in my hack.)
...Que the battle music!!! XD

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
Are you going to do any changes to the hair? What about a crown or tiara or something along those lines?
  Find

Status
None
@Gi Nattak - Well, if you like, I CAN rename her, to get her name, all I literally did was get a random name generator and said 'okay' with the first result. xD
Offhand, I can think of calling her Fantine Figaro to avoid any confusion between characters. (I just read Les Miserables. =P)

@CrumpledMedal - I did consider adding in the Slave Crown after I finished the base spritesheet for her, but that's an aftertouch because I can't really find any good references for a crown or tiara ingame, and I did consider basing one off Cecil's from final fantasy 4.

┬──┬ ノ(゜-゜ノ) I return thee table to thy intended position, mankind does not mean to flip you so often.
  Find

Status
Runic
Good to see you gave it consideration at least, hope it turns out good.
(05-15-2013, 03:56 PM)Murak Modder Wrote: @Gi Nattak - Well, if you like, I CAN rename her, to get her name, all I literally did was get a random name generator and said 'okay' with the first result. xD
Offhand, I can think of calling her Fantine Figaro to avoid any confusion between characters. (I just read Les Miserables. =P)

@CrumpledMedal - I did consider adding in the Slave Crown after I finished the base spritesheet for her, but that's an aftertouch because I can't really find any good references for a crown or tiara ingame, and I did consider basing one off Cecil's from final fantasy 4.

Find

Threads: 33
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
(05-15-2013, 03:56 PM)Murak Modder Wrote: @Gi Nattak - Well, if you like, I CAN rename her, to get her name, all I literally did was get a random name generator and said 'okay' with the first result. xD

you need the Cecilrella reference? you can contact me on skype for the mod or check my DA gallery for the pic.

[Image: 14_15_05_13_1_08_10.png]

Status
None
@CrumpledMedal - I updated the topic to include a basic version of her with a crown, all I did was slap the slave crown on it and recoloured it, the proper one will probably just be a sort of arching tiara, but I'm focusing on getting the spritesheet itself finished first.

@Micki Chiba - for me, that looks too much like a headband and I'd want to go in a different direction for Aurora/Cosset/whatever name I use, but thanks for the offer. ^3^

Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None

Status
None
@ZoMatthew - Thank you, I was trying to make Celes look the part of a 'battle queen' that's both regal, and seems plausible that she can hold her own in battle.

If nothing else, she looks more like a general now wearing her armour and cape rather than a green one piece swimming suit and a white cape.

For the last few, I'm more or less just scratch spriting the legs, and after I get them basically done, I'll go over them again to make them look the part more.

I'm heading out for a coupl hours, but when I get back, I should probably be able to finish her sprite off, and I'm in talks with Micka Chiba to touch up a sprite for her.

Find

Status
Runic
I think you made it work, from what I can tell. It looks great and can't wait to see the finished product. I'd say stick with what you have for the crown and all.
  Find