Final Fantasy IV the After Years Rom Problem

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I downloaded the FF4:TAY Rom linked to in the description of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7N3hxLYa4g

I'm able to play the game fine. However, after the closing credits for the first story (Ceodore and Kain's quests), when it says "The End" on the screen, it doesn't give me an option to save the game. I've tried pushing every button but nothing happens, it just keeps playing the music and saying "the end" on the screen.

I wasn't sure if it this was wrong, but I just finished Rydia's quest and after the credits it did let me save the game after I pressed a button.

Can anyone help? Is there something wrong with the ROM, or am I doing something wrong? I'm thinking i just wasted 12+ hours playing a game I can't finish because it won't let me save and finish the first quest. Cover

Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
well honestly I don't know what to tell you about that, sorry, this place is mostly about hacking FF6

we look into other games here and there but we do not hack FF4 let alone the after years

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 6
Status
None
Yeah, this is definitely the wrong website to ask questions about solving emulator problems, we deal specifically with hacking FFVI. You should try asking people on a forum that specializes with emulation or roms, we don't really deal with either of those things here for the most part.
  Find

Status
None
Well guys, if you check the Youtube video I linked to, it was posted by Zeemis, the owner of this forum, and the ROM file he linked to was downloaded from this forum's download area. There were threads in this forum dealing with getting the emulator to work with the ROM when he uploaded the video and files. There's nothing wrong with the emulator, it's the ROM file Zeemis uploaded to this forum that I was asking about and whether or not there was something wrong with it. Apparently people on this forum played Zeemis's specific ROM, so I thought this would be the best place to ask about whether or not there was something wrong with the specific ROM file that he uploaded to this forum... I didn't post here totally at random. Smile
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(04-29-2013, 01:01 AM)onyxmoron Wrote: Well guys, if you check the Youtube video I linked to, it was posted by Zeemis, the owner of this forum, and the ROM file he linked to was downloaded from this forum's download area.

Zeemis is not the owner of the forum anymore and while he was, he was using the site to upload whatever he felt like uploading. This explain why the file is hosted on this site but it's not available in a download area like you suggest. Anyway I suggest you send a pm to Zeemis otherwise your questions regarding FFIV TAY will probably not be answered...

Find

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
(04-29-2013, 01:01 AM)onyxmoron Wrote: Well guys, if you check the Youtube video I linked to, it was posted by Zeemis, the owner of this forum, and the ROM file he linked to was downloaded from this forum's download area. There were threads in this forum dealing with getting the emulator to work with the ROM when he uploaded the video and files. There's nothing wrong with the emulator, it's the ROM file Zeemis uploaded to this forum that I was asking about and whether or not there was something wrong with it. Apparently people on this forum played Zeemis's specific ROM, so I thought this would be the best place to ask about whether or not there was something wrong with the specific ROM file that he uploaded to this forum... I didn't post here totally at random. Smile
I have decided to step down from the site for a few reasons, so I am no longer part of the staff or the owner of the site. When I was the owner, I wasn't really strict with administration because strict administration wasn't needed (and still isn't imo). I do lurk here and read through a lot of the posts that interest me, but I don't always respond. I do however typically respond to PM's. I think I downloaded the rom from a torrent site that had almost no seeds left, so I decided to upload it to the server and host the link in that video you linked to us here in the thread. You won't find the link in the download section of this site however. I didn't really have a problem with people posting roms and such because I seriously doubt that the government would say anything to us, and if they did I'd of just removed the link. Nonetheless, it's not on the site via downloads.

Regarding your question, I've looked into it and I am unsure why that's happening, I've never come across this. If I remember right, after "The End" pops up, it should allow you to save by giving you that option. Have you installed the dlc and the rom itself inside of Dolphin by any chance?
Dolphin (Wii Emulator) does allow for save stating, so I would temporarily do that until you figure out the issue. Once you do figure it out, reload your savestate and save the game naturally.
  Find

Status
None
Thank you Zeemis! I think I figured out what was happening. I tried constantly pushing buttons during the credits and then it did let me save at the end. It seems that the "controller" goes to sleep or the game stops looking for input after it sits for a while (same thing if I change to a different window for a while and then go back), and the 10+ minutes of credits is long enough to cause that. Hit I don't know why I'm apparently the only person who's had that happen - I can't find any info about it.

Unfortunately before that occurred to me I had imported a save game file from GameFAQs that had all of the quests completed to see if I could bypass not being able to save, and my own exported save game file I made as a backup beforehand didn't work. I tried loading my savestates and re-saving my old saves over the new ones and now weird things are happening. Laugh

Like in the completed Ceodore/Kain quest, there are two airships in front of Baron castle. If you enter one it says "MAPDATA NONE" and goes back to the title screen. The other one exits to Adamant Isle and puts you back at the beginning of the game as if you hadn't completed the Adamant Cave quest, but you have Rosa, Kain, and Cid in your party. The walkaround sprites are screwed up - it changes between Rosa, Porom, Rydia, and a female NPC (I think it's Ashura?). (If you stay at the inn the NPC lady disappears for a second after you sleep because she has no "waking up" sprite.) If you go into the cave and Biggs and Wedge join your party Cid, Kain and Rosa disappear, but the walkaround sprites for Biggs and Wedge are both replaced with Cecil. (So you can play the beginning of the game as Cecil or the NPC lady lol) Otherwise if you go into Baron Castle, it puts the game back at the part where Ceodore and the Hooded Man have to go to Mist cave. I haven't tried much of that one but it's pretty interesting to see what happens. Also one of the Rydia saves lets you go back to the beginning of the game with Rydia and Luca in your party, but eventually you get stuck behind a guy during a cutscene.

Anyway, thanks again!!!
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
ok problem solved

thread closed

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC