Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Alternate games

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Zombie
I have to say there are so many talented people at work here its amazing. I have to wonder though is there any chance that someone could make like another game from final fantasy besides the awesomeness that Gi Nattak has done I mean like.... Final Phantasy Star or something lol. I have to admit if anyone would find a way to make a suikoden game I would squeal like a little girl only cause thats one of my favorite series and I have that mod that put Tir McDohl in which was awesome.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(04-24-2013, 11:01 PM)BryanW Wrote: I have to wonder though is there any chance that someone could make like another game from final fantasy...

You can be that person. Eighteen months ago, I was just a FFVI fan that played the game many times and I discoved ROM hacking. FF3us is the most documented game for hacking and anyone with a bit of perseverance can achieve a wonderful hack. You can also ask question to people that have been dissasembling the game since the beginning on Slick Forum or gather info on Mnrogar's Den. You have all the tools in your hands. Finally I would suggest you to play the demo of Pandora's Box. It's the most innovative hack in terms of hacking difficulty and he game still have his original flavor.
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Zombie
I did go to school for programming but I feel I may yet be a bit rusty and that was in C++.... But hey I'm a quick learner I just might give it a go thanks for the links for the other sites to get my start ^_^.
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
I started with C++ as well, and now I'm fairly well-versed in assembly. It just takes time like anything else.

A programming background will help with functional theory. After that it's just about syntax and working within the limitations of the language.

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find