Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
A Mysterious Patch YOU ALL Made!

Threads: 9
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
Dear Everyone at FF6Hacking,
Over the past few years I have been using this site and never registered. I have learned quite a ton from all of you, such as using gale for palettes, designing new graphics for moves, hex editing who learns enemy moves innately, and so much more. I have been working on a patch for a long time using alot of all your supplied content and have created a version of FF6 which has completely different moves graphically, and a different method of obtaining them. I don't want to spoil the game but I will say you learn majority of your moves from weapons. I removed and replaced the lore set with regular spells and edited all the enemies attack behavior so they don't try to use the wrong skills etc.
I changed all the items around, sprites etc but left the game intact with a few problems here and there (some enemy graphics got messed up and the bonus monsters in the hall of learning or whatever got messed up). I haven't been able to edit this patch in a few months and it was just sitting around so I decided I would register and upload the ips patch for everyone. There are only a few things I need from anyone who downloads it (you don't have to), if you see a sprite, custom enemy, or anything that was a work of someone else in this patch, please post who they are because it's not right to use someone else's material and not mention them.
I guess this patch would be an incentive to everyone to download it, hey YOU might be in it! lol. I am not really trying to do anything with this so if anyone wants to help me edit it, like name all the enemies that have messed up sprites, I'm all for it. ALSO, please feel free to use all the CUSTOM ANIMATIONS from the abilities I made, those are not from other people's patches, those I spent DAYS creating and testing. Well the link is:
http://www.mediafire.com/?cl85lx0sav5vwtv
I also made that mediafire account specifically for ff6hacking.com too! You guys are all awesome, and that's why I made the "FF6 Hacking Tribute" patch. Thanks for everything! Later!

[Image: xyx.png]
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
please read the rules before posting anything and please give some more info about this hack, give us some screen shots and you should also tell us the patches u used as well

this should have been in the personal projects

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 11
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I agree with Poco about some more info. I checked your file out but you dont mention what rom version its for. Or, if this patch is for a headered or headerless Rom. I suppose i could figure it out with trial and error but those are some pretty basic things you might want to include. just saying...
  Find

Threads: 6
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Not to be a jerk, but I refuse to download anything with the word "Mysterious" attached to it...
  Find

Threads: 9
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
It does indeed have a header and is for 1.1 but if anything we should probably delete this post seeing as to how it should be in personal projects as you've said. I guess I need to spend time going through and figuring out which other patches I've used, where I got the sprites from, who made the sprites, who gave me the information on how to hex edit all the individual things I did to the hack, the people who created the programs used to edit the rom, lol I was trying to avoid doing all this information hunting but I guess we can just remove this thread until I have done all that. It's not even completely polished, I just thought maybe it would have been valuable to someone out there for the skill animation combinations I created. Oh well, sorry everyone Sad

[Image: xyx.png]
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
understood

this post will be locked and moved

and for future references you should always use a 1.0 rom, most patches only work for that version

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC