Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
How to change Chocobo's palette?

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
On the NPCs, do you have to change the sprite for every instance that a NPC shows up, or just the first time? For example, I have Vicks and Wedge with Palette 7. All soldiers are still palette 0, I think it is. Do I just find the first soldier that shows up and change his palette after 60 then whatever his sprite id is, or do I have to do it for every single soldier in the entire game?
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(04-01-2013, 12:06 AM)CMFL Wrote: On the NPCs, do you have to change the sprite for every instance that a NPC shows up, or just the first time? For example, I have Vicks and Wedge with Palette 7. All soldiers are still palette 0, I think it is. Do I just find the first soldier that shows up and change his palette after 60 then whatever his sprite id is, or do I have to do it for every single soldier in the entire game?

If you want all the soldiers to look the same in the game, you have to change all the NPCs palettes on every map where there is one or many soldier(s). This can be done with FF6LE, but only palettes 0 to 7 are selectable. Commands 60 seems to be changing a group of sprites or a background layer to a certain palette but I'm unsure how it would work certain times.

Edit: Assuming that the sprite layer is layer $0E, then command 60 would change all the sprites on the map/screen to a certain palette, like in the crane example. This would need to be tested.

Find