Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FFVI: Brave New World

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
I'm currently playing Synchysi's hack called Brave New World and I'm quite happy with the changes made. The game so far is well balanced and all the relics have a good utility. I had some surprises while stealing non-human monsters and some line of dialogues are quite funny.

I'm doing a low-level-natural-magic challenge which means only magic learned naturally is allowed. Esper boosts are allowed as long as you don't learn 1% of a spell. Rages and lores are allowed.

So far I only gained 1 level because I couldn't survive Vargas blizzard fist attack. All my characters are at level 4 and I'm at the scenarios now. I wonder if rages and lores are going to play a key scenario in this hack with this type of challenge.

I recorded the boss fights. I didn't recorded my whole playthrough because it features hours of stealing dried meat and tonic from monsters to buy appropriate relics and numerous fight escapes, well every fight except mandatory ones.

Here's the Youtube playlist:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLt...eln1WCiwSO
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
I finished all three scenarios. So far the most difficult boss has been Ultros... I spent hours on the Veldt to accumulate a lot of gil and in the hope of finding a very useful rage. Gau didn't learned anything worth mentioning. The Veldt packs have been modified I'm pretty sure...

Kefka has been beaten in Narshe (see video). He is pretty easy if you have a solid team equipped properly... I beaten him on my first try... The LLNMG challenge continue! :D

Here's some funny screenshots I took along the way. I'm not sure if all these are modified dialogues:

[Image: FinalFantasyIIIU_00000_zpsfc6669e6.jpg] [Image: FinalFantasyIIIU_00001_zps517bb9f5.jpg] [Image: FinalFantasyIIIU_00002_zps87fbd873.jpg]

I just finished Zozo and Dalaluma was quite a challenge (see video). I must have tried the battle 15 times before getting it right... Equipment is getting expensive and I'm low on cash. Hopefully I'll be able to steal valuable stuff before going to Vector...

I decided not to bring Gau with me because in this hack he's not (yet) a valuable character IMO. Edgar, Cyan and Sabin are doing a really good job. Shadow and Gau are very low on HP which makes them easy target. Next is Ultros in the opera!

I have beat Ultros. He was not much of a challenge once once you are immune to imp. I cheated a bit on the money also, I have other things to do than stealing for hours and selling my stuff...

Here's some other pics:

[Image: FinalFantasyIIIU_00004_zps2348fc96.jpg] [Image: FinalFantasyIIIU_00006_zps5562ccb9.jpg] [Image: FinalFantasyIIIU_00007_zpse268da33.jpg]
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
its looking really good so far

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Nice. My partner and I are both interested in how a low-level run will turn out. The only other guy that tried one hit a brick wall at the cart ride.

Just a reminder that you are technically playing a beta so there may be a few bugs present, but I think we've stamped out most of the big ones. We do have a new beta release in which we think we've fixed sketch to not suck, but I forgot to upload it before I left work so I'll post it up tomorrow.

In any case, glad you're enjoying it.

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(02-26-2013, 01:23 AM)Synchysi Wrote: Nice. My partner and I are both interested in how a low-level run will turn out. The only other guy that tried one hit a brick wall at the cart ride.

I think I will hit a wall sooner or later. Gau's rages are not as useful as in the original (for a LLG game) and characters like Celes, being level 4, doesn't even have Ice yet. Same thing goes for Sabin and Aurabolt, but he's quite impressive in his berserker role. The cart ride will be quite a challenge.

Find

Status
None
Newest updated: http://btb2.free.fr/files/ff6_mod.zip

Brave New World
  Find

Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Those screenshots are so hilarious
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Status
None
I gotta ask, what are the gum pods for? The monsters seem very hell bent on keeping them and so far I don't particularly see why
  Find

Status
None
My partner used them to sort of hammer home the point that non-human enemies aren't worth stealing from (whether anything is worth stealing from is something we've sort of been struggling with). They're a step in the right direction; originally, he just had the target kill Locke.

You can trade them in at the coliseum for what were formerly super balls, which is the only way to get them now.

The gum pods themselves are a reference to Dragon Warrior IV, where the one you found was completely useless and sold for a whopping 1 gold. Evidently, the item was called horse manure in the Japanese version, and the censors changed it to gum pod.

Brave New World
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Status
None
Ah okay, lol
  Find