Poll: What do you think of her?
Quite awesome!
Pretty Good.
I have incurred ocular damage due to this atrocity...
Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Custom Char: Sylin Teaser

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Well suddenly decided to sprite something new, here's a look at her; keep in mind that she is a child and will get a full sprite sheet.

Feedback is welcome!

[Image: imgshk.png]

after looking at it for some more time I thought it could use a little cleaning up so here's an updated version of her; if you prefer the one above say so, if not just give feedback as usual, thanks!

[Image: imgshk.png] I updated the back view: [Image: imgshk.png]

EDIT:

So I was messing around with the sprite (won't update again after this until the sprite is finished) and suddenly I decided that I would like to try my hand at a portrait, so I decided to make one for this sprite; tell me what you think about it (keep in mind this is my first time doing a portrait)

[Image: imgshk.png] bigger view: [Image: imgshk.png] here's an update : [Image: imgshk.png]

on this one, please tell me which you prefer the left or right one
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
not a bad start

keep it up

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Nice work, I like the sprite, the colors and clothing looks good and the ears came out nice, it really works. And the portrait is really good also, very impressive work on that. I hope you decide to do some more portraits down the line. Wink I prefer the right one I think. Is this character from anywhere like games or anime or did it originate from your mind? She appears to be Elven?

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Why thank you Gi.

I also prefer the right one, so thanks for saying so as well.

To answer your question, she is a character I had thought up on my own. I was thinking of how she would fit into the world of FF6 and considered the possibility of her being the latest experiment, the bodily fusion of esper and human, which is why her hair is silver and she has elongated ears. She has all the power of an esper but appears mostly human except for the ears. I imagined she would have escaped and somehow found herself in the care of Strago. I imagined her to be very introverted and sad which is the main reason I like the second portrait the most.

Of course I intended for her to replace Relm, Naturally anyone can use her as they want when its finished though.

Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
I voted "Quite awesome!" mainly because of the portrait. Any character which is not intended to be an NPC should come with a portrait and you succeeded in making a nice one. The sprite itself looks good too.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Awesome portrait and backa nd side views seem pretty final to me, very nice on those.

Though Imo the frontal view needs a bit of work (the body; head is good), hard to explain such things though, If i find a moment ill will try to post an edit to underline.

Cheers for now.
  Find

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
She reminds me a lot of Rydia or someone from Magus's Kingdom of Zeal in Chrono Trigger.
  Find