Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Changing "Preemptive attack" to Preemptive strike

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
The little textbox that briefly appears at the top of the screen when you get a preemptive strike.
Does FF3usME handle this in one of its text-editing screens, or will I have to look for the string in the ROM? The letter count is the same, so it should be fine if I do.
This is a very little, very unimportant tweak, but I thought I might as well ask.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
Any message that is displayed on top and concerns battle is not handled by FF3usME. I once removed the steal message and the textbox display and it was handled in bank C1. It should be the same thing for the "preemptive strike" message, although I didn't found the string by looking in the disassembly. The preemptive stike itself is set in bank C2.
  Find

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
I tried loading the .tbl file that FF3usME came with into windhex and searching for "Preemptive attack," but I didn't find anything. Do you think the text would be stored that way, or with a different .tbl?
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Use the ff3battle.tbl, and search for "Preemptive". I see them grouped @ D1F270

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
There is a pointer table to change the length of the message displayed, in case you would want to do that. My computer crashed a couple of months ago, and I lost the location of the pointer table. But it should be around the address that Nattak provided.