Poll: Should additional characters should be included, besides the core 9+1 Sephiroth?
This poll is closed.
Yes 25.00% 1 25.00%
No 75.00% 3 75.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FFVII - 2D Remake

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Haha wow. I don't know nothing (double negative intended) about asm, I just don't know everything lol. I have spent time learning some of it, using disassemblers like Windasm and IDA. Granted it was for Windows programs, but it gave me the 'gist' of it.

I am actually quite flattered that such big names as yourself would advise a n00b such as myself.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(12-14-2012, 01:20 AM)ntzrmtthihu777 Wrote: Haha wow. I don't know nothing (double negative intended) about asm, I just don't know everything lol. I have spent time learning some of it, using disassemblers like Windasm and IDA. Granted it was for Windows programs, but it gave me the 'gist' of it.

I understand. I didn't wanted to sound harsh or anything, but anyway I woudn't be able myself to port back FFVII into FFVI, given you meant a more or less full port. You would need as an example a better RAM understanding than anyone I know (including myself), but yeah doing a mini-FFVII port (whatever that means) might be a better alternative. With hard work you can achieve anything in the limit of the ROM.

(12-14-2012, 01:20 AM)ntzrmtthihu777 Wrote: I am actually quite flattered that such big names as yourself would advise a n00b such as myself.

Are you calling me a big name? lol
  Find

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Yes I am, lol. You guys are like Titans of the rom-hacking world. I have been lurking these forums for a bit, finally joined when it became apparent that just reading the old threads was not going to give me all the info I need (or so I thought, finding new stuff with each browse)

Obviously some parts of FFVII will not transfer easily, and I recognise this limit. I do, however, want to create a play experience that is refreshingly familiar to old-school FFVI/VII lovers (such as myself, played both for the first-ish time when I was 6-7, around 18 years ago) but a unique game for new players.

I was thinking of maybe doing a sort of compilation rom like Super Mario All Stars with 3 different FFVII rom's, one for each of the original 3 discs. Three expanded roms should have plenty of room to have the "full" game.

I realize that is a hell of a project, but I literally have not much better to do with my time, and this is fun Laugh
  Find