Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Lord Sutebenu's Fleeting Feet

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Okay. So. Alrighty.

Anywho, the point of this thread is to inform everyone here that from December 14th-January 11th I will not be on the site AT ALL. I repeat, December 14th-January 11th I will not be on the site! (which for some of you means free shout-box spamming, haha)

The Reason:

My cousin and I (also an aspiring novelist) will be spending that entire time (and I do mean that entire time) co-writing a novel. We plan for each of us to write anywhere between 75,000 - 100,000 words (possibly more if we want) and to be finished by the 11th with it. Come mid-February we will be editing and revising the heck out of the novel and start crafting our query letters to get an agent for our novel. If all goes well we may be published at the earliest by the end of next summer.

In Conclusion:

I am leaving for nearly a month come December 14th in order to pursue an opportunity to get a foot in the door of my dream career. This also means that I will not be helping with pretty much anything during that time, I'm sorry for the inconvenience but this pertains to the rest of my life; I cannot afford to miss it.

Best Regards,
Lord Sutebenu
  Find

Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
Best luck on your novel and have a great holidays mate.

[Image: rrj.gif]
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
Question: How does two (more or less) different writing style can coexist in one novel ? I saw books written by 2, 3 or 4 people but a novel, rarely unless I have a poor literature culture (which might be the case lol).

Also, maybe you're already doing it but why don't you try to get published short stories in magazines or small books or even write stylish reviews ?
This would make nice addition(s) in your C.V. when comes the time to publish your novel and being taken seriously... maybe
  Find

Threads: 76
Thanks Received: 9
Thanks Given: 13
Status
None
Best lucks sutebenu :-)
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
good luck man

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
(11-27-2012, 11:41 PM)Ⓐ Mᴀᴅsɪᴜʀ Ⓐ Wrote: Question: How does two (more or less) different writing style can coexist in one novel ? I saw books written by 2, 3 or 4 people but a novel, rarely unless I have a poor literature culture (which might be the case lol).

Also, maybe you're already doing it but why don't you try to get published short stories in magazines or small books or even write stylish reviews ?
This would make nice addition(s) in your C.V. when comes the time to publish your novel and being taken seriously... maybe

Unfortunately when it comes to getting an agent for a novel the only thing they care about is whether the voice is strong, if they have published novels before and can the story sell. They do look at credentials when it comes to writing organizations but don't consider short stories as they are a different breed altogether.

My cousin and I have been writing since the tender age of 5 and we can write this novel together because we know what the other person's voice and style is like and feel it would work within the confines of this particular novel.

but thank you for your concern and suggestions! ^_^
As with any artistic profession there is no guarantee of success but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.
  Find

Status
None
Just coming here to say that I will be gone for a week, til next Sunday. I won't be able to be in contact during the whole of that time. Sorry to randomly dump this on you all but this is something that is vital to my IRL goals and pursuits. I will see you all next Sunday.
  Find